Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackouts and Liberator System Wiring

Hi

I've recently purchased a set of SD Blackouts and a Liberator.
    Now i got the Problem to wire everything together, because
    all the Diagrams are a bit diffrent. I tried to figure it out but i dont
    want to mess it all up so...
    Can Someone make me a Diagram which shows me how to put these things together?:

2 x Backouts
    1 x Schaller 3 way 103s
    Liberator as Master Volume
    no tone control
    1 x Battery
    1 x Ibanez standart Flush-Mount Cylinder Jack Stereo ( i think the short terminal is supposed to be the tip, the longest the sleeve and the mid terminal is the ring ...please correct me if iam wrong)

THx

Phil

Re: Blackouts and Liberator System Wiring

First off, why are you bothering with a Liberator when using the Blackouts?

The Blackouts use a standard 3-pin connector that is universal between the various Blackouts/EMG/GFS REDActive models...swapping between actives is easy once you have the wiring in place.

If you're planning on staying active, get a regular volume pot. Even the liberator requires some soldering, so it makes little difference.

If you were going for a "solderless" install, take a look at the GFS REDActive pots or the EMG Quik-Connect wiring kits. You can get a complete kit with all quik-connect components for the price of that liberator.

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
      First off, why are you bothering with a Liberator when using the Blackouts?

The Blackouts use a standard 3-pin connector that is universal between the various Blackouts/EMG/GFS REDActive models...swapping between actives is easy once you have the wiring in place.

If you're planning on staying active, get a regular volume pot. Even the liberator requires some soldering, so it makes little difference.

If you were going for a "solderless" install, take a look at the GFS REDActive pots or the EMG Quik-Connect wiring kits. You can get a complete kit with all quik-connect components for the price of that liberator.

Thank you ..alrite i know what you mean ..so ok forget about the liberator i purchased it, because its nice for instant pickup change in case you dont have the chance to solder...and had it in a diffrent guitar before

What I need to know is if the connectors of the Ibanez Flush Mount Jack are right..
      a week ago I wired everything together...without a Liberator, just like they do it on the diagrams
      from the Seymour Duncan Website. The only thing that came out of the guitar was kind of a howling noise..but no sound from the pickups directly. I grounded the PU's, the switch and the ground wire from the bridge to the pot..and it looks like this...http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...lackouts_1v_3w
      Is it possible that I confused the Ring terminal with the Tip from the connector?

Thx

Comment

I'm sorry I was not present on these forums before, a lot of people have no answers but a lot of input, like dude help the problem or **** off no need for your opinion on the topic, that being said

You're going to install the liberator like u normally would for passives, follow the diagram to the letter, not the side pic showing where the white two wires are supposed to go on the top left of the liberator diagram. Now insert the white wires(signal) into the black wire slot(#1 and #10) the bare wires in the middle, and the red wired soldered together and to a 9V battery

I've gone back and forth with Keith and Scott about these diagrams and they've walked me through all my experiments, I'm gonna go back to the forums with no answers regarding liberators and blackouts modular preamps

Hope this helps

Comment

The liberator wouldn't be much use as it's not a 25k pot like you need anyway.

It's gonna be real hard to tell what's wrong with your wiring without pics.

I would probably pick up a solderless setup so you can mess with wires just plugging them till it's right.

Comment

Working...
          X