banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first Seymour Duncan pickup or experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was your first Seymour Duncan pickup or experience?

Not sure I think it was a JB in a frankenstrat which I was too fond of but I quickly found that I loved the SP90-3 in my Jr and the AII bridge in my Custom.

I found Seymour when Bill Lawrence crapped out for a while.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Mine was a '59 Trembucker. Funny thing is that it was originally in the neck of my first guitar, an Ibanez Silver Cadet. It had a Floyd on it, so the shop ordered the pickup just based on that and slapped it in the neck. That guitar is LONG gone, but the pickup lives on in my Frankenstein.

Nope...

Comment

heheh-years i had no clue what i was doing- got the hot rails and tried stuffing it in an old 'cort' someone gave me...it didnt work--
        few years later and a bit more wisdom- I put a George Lynch Sd in the bridge of my les paul. still using it to this day 19 years later.

Comment

I threw a screamin demon into a couple old early '90s basswood Ibanez RGs and never regretted it.Click image for larger version

Name:	530855_495570467131184_1968648544_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	5768802

Comment

Just thought you'd like to look at some rippin' hotness!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	555289_485401834838697_206854432_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	5768804
            Attached Files

Comment

My first Seymour Duncan was a Distortion that I bought from a friend in high school. I had been playing only a couple years. Being an avid Dokken fan, I jumped on it and slapped it in to my first homemade guitar, a really bad mash-up of a Strat and SG...LOL. It had the horns of an SG but the curves of a Strat. I played surprisingly well and sounded pretty dang good too.

EDIT: And WHO is that? ^^^^^^^

Comment

I believe my first exposure to SD was a JazzN & 59B in a thineline Tele. I also had a Tele with a quarter pounder set I had in a Tele. I didn't have that guitar long though, but I do remember that I didn't really like the QP. I found it to be woofy. I wound up buying another Tele(a 52 RI) and I replaced the pickups with a Vintage 54 N & a Jerry Donahue bridge. Perfect combination for what I do. I have since added two sets of Antiquities(both Surfers & Texas Hots) in two different Strats, a set of Slash HB in a Les Paul I have as well. The Slash set is awesome. Made me fall in love with my Les Paul all over again....
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Years and years ago I installed my first Seymour Duncan JB Model in a Guild electric guitar. Still love and use the JB Model today, as well as many other Seymour Duncan pickups (my favorites)

Comment

Very pretty......and a guitar player besides. Nice. (The jbailes photos. booyah!)

Comment

Screaming demon and alnico pro in an ibanez RG. I bought it back in 1997 primarily because of the pups. Still have guitar, like it alot.
                      Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                      http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

1985? or possibly early 1986.

My '76 (first RI of the originals) Explorer. Custom/59. Liked it, but put the T-Tops back in, sounded better in that guitar. Put that Duncan set in my Les Paul Custom a year later and it slayed. Bought another set of the same for my pewter explorer. Then the pup and guitar buying really went nuts.

I have had a love/hate affair with Seymour's pups ever since, but the A2 Pro Slash set I bought recently are certainly the best set of humbucking pups I have tried that were not actual PAFs or earlly PAT#s. Awesome stuff, Seymour...Thanks
                        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post
                          Very pretty......and a guitar player besides. Nice. (The jbailes photos. booyah!)
                          Nope. Just an old, idle account that got hacked into.
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Yogi Berra was correct.
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

JB . In a modded out Single Pickup Flying V style guitar. That JB is now in my Ibby.
                            sigpic
                            Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                            JFG Flying V,
                            "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                            John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

First Duncan I played was a JB in my friend's Jackson Dinky. Sounded good, but his amp at the time was kinda meh, so I couldn't hear the real potential of the pickup.

First I bought was a Custom 5 & Jazz. The C5 was a pretty silly choice for the application I was going for, but whatever. I eventually ended up doing a ton of magswapping on it. Still have it, and right now it's a CC. I've kinda had my fun with it and now that I know all its voices, I realized that I'm starting to get kinda sick of it. I'm thinking I might trade it for something like a hotter/overwound PAF sorta thing, like a Screamin Demon or a 59/C hybrid.

The Jazz I never got along with. sounded too sterile. Got rid of it a year or two ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                                Nope. Just an old, idle account that got hacked into.
                                LOL, yep.
                                Mesa/Boogie MkIII+ & MkIVb + Mark Series Stack
                                Marshall JVM410H
                                Charvel 650 Custom-EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                                Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA BKP + Style 1 2H - JB/'59, Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                                ESP Eclipse II EMG 81/60 + Viper Urban Camo + JH-600 SPC (2)
                                Carvin DC400CA + DC127T Koa - DD/'59
                                Fender Custom Yngwie Strat - Seafoam Green w/rosewood, Fender Yngwie Strat - Sonic Blue w/maple, Fender Telecaster
                                Charvel 475 Deluxe + 475 Exotic PATB set
                                Ibanez UV7BK, B.C. Rich Eagle - Evo2/Air Norton

Comment

Working...
                                X