No announcement yet.

Information on a vintage Mighty Mite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there, I always thought my 76' Howard Roberts archtop had a super 70 but low and behold I found this lurking below! can anyone tell me which model it is and what caps and pots would be best?

Click image for larger version

Name:	MM HB1.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	6206160 Click image for larger version

Name:	MM HB2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	6206161

Comment

The old Mighty Mites are Dimarzio Super Distortions
      ^^^ This is a lie. ^^^

Mighty Mite was a separate company.

Those MM where stock in the first version of Martins em 18 electric guitar model
      Another lie. The Martin electrics used Shadows from Germany.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Vee Dee View Post
        Hi there, I always thought my 76' Howard Roberts archtop had a super 70 but low and behold I found this lurking below! can anyone tell me which model it is and what caps and pots would be best?

Click image for larger version  Name:	MM HB1.jpg Views:	13 Size:	43.3 KB ID:	6206160 Click image for larger version  Name:	MM HB2.jpg Views:	13 Size:	48.9 KB ID:	6206161
        Welcome to the forum...and cool find!
        I have a Howard Roberts Fusion from 1980- he designed some cool instruments! You would generally use 500k pots for your guitar. I'd got for good quality ones like Bourns or CTS, as changing them out on an archtop isn't fun. As far as a cap, the standard for a humbucker pickup-equipped guitar is .022 µF. The values of the pots and caps are just suggestions, but those are the most common. 250k pots will sound darker, and a .047 µF cap will roll off more highs.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you for the welcome and that info. I am lucky the Howard Roberts I have has an oval sound hole so if I can't get my hand in there I will enlist some expert help from my wife! I do like a darker tone and have flatwounds on this instrument. It has two tones and one volume. I was thinking 3 x 500k pots and a .022 µF cap for the treble bleed and perhaps a .047 µF for the bass bleed. You have me thinking though maybe 250k pots are better still. Which model pickup do we think this might be?

Comment

I am not a Mighty Mite expert here, so I will leave that to see if there are any here.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X