banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Originally posted by MicahMischief View Post
    Hmmmmmm I REALLY want to try these, but I'll have to wait until I buy a new guitar.
    I'm getting ready to do a massively custom setup on my only current electric.

What is it you are doing??

And by the way...I can't mention enough that the Black Winter NECK pickup is completely sick like a pervert on acid.
    For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

I brought home a Splawn Pro Mod & Splawn 4X12 with Small Blocks in it, and the JS King V with the Black Winter set was one of the guitars I played through it. To answer previous questions about how well these pups do with classic stuff, they do just fine. At one point I had the amp in 1st gear in OD1 (this amp's take on a modded Plexi) and they & the amp were doing a very good job of getting the tone you hear on AC/DC's If You Want Blood...You've Got It, and Walk All Over You.

Now I'm seriously considering putting them in my Les Paul, just to see what I can coax out of them in there.
      Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Hi all,

Very new to guitars and learning...can the black winters be coil split?

Comment

Originally posted by DoomBuggi View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]48917[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by tombogiri View Post
            Hi all,

Yes, they're four conductor.
            Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by tombogiri View Post
              Hi all,

Hello and welcome!!! Welcome to a larger world.

Please please please reach out with any questions you might have.

I hope you play for a very long time in good health.

Enjoy your winters.

~LD
              For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

Comment

Black Winters with AlNiCo 8. Sublime or sacrilege?
                Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

1993 Gibson Les Paul Studio
                  Mahogany Body, and Neck
                  Maple Top
                  Ebony Fretboard

The other guitarist has a set in his Gibson SG voodoo, which is a swamp ash body, mahogany neck, and ebony fretboard. Those pickups sound pretty awesome through his rig as well. I haven't played that guitar though. They are definitely worth trying out.
                  Ironically those are two models that I looked at putting the winters in. Ive been looking for an older studio with an ebony board and Ive seen a few of the voodoos for sale with the swamp ash body that looked cool.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMetalRob View Post
                    Black Winters with AlNiCo 8. Sublime or sacrilege?
                    Part of the greatness is the fact that it's a triple ceramic pickup. Sacrilege.
                    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                    Originally posted by CTN
                    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

While you are physically, technically and spiritually ABLE to change the magnets in any pickup, this particular one won't be a Black Winter anymore if you do.

She has a very special type of touch sensitivity that should be left alone.

Comment

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
                        Ironically those are two models that I looked at putting the winters in. Ive been looking for an older studio with an ebony board and Ive seen a few of the voodoos for sale with the swamp ash body that looked cool.
                        Go for it. Most people believe that LP Studios are complete crap. I own two LP studios from the mid/early 90's, both with ebony fretboards, and they are very decent guitars. They get the job done without issues. I also have a LP standard that is really killer, and is my favorite one to play at the moment. It has the Whole Lotta Humbucker set in it.
                        http://WolvesofSkan.bandcamp.com

http://youtube.com/user/DoomBuggi

Comment

Go for it. Most people believe that LP Studios are complete crap. I own two LP studios from the mid/early 90's, both with ebony fretboards, and they are very decent guitars. They get the job done without issues. I also have a LP standard that is really killer, and is my favorite one to play at the moment. It has the Whole Lotta Humbucker set in it.
                          I always thought the Les Paul Studios where Les Pauls without the trimmings (like binding). Are they different woods??
                          I've never heard anyone call them crap before, but I don't own one. Do you see/ hear/ feel a big difference between your studios and your standard??

Comment

you essentially have a true les paul without the trimmings on it when you get a studio. I honestly think those LP studios from the early 90's are very good with the ebony boards considering Gibson doesnt do ebony anymore. I do beleive however that the LP studio bodies are the lightest, then the standard, then the custom as far as weight. Im not 100% on that but thats what ive heard from guys that work at gibson. LP studio is the same wood as any of the les paul models though. I dig the 90's studio models with the ebony board. You can get them used for like 700-800 bucks now. Thats a steal for the guitar you are getting

Comment

[immediately searches ebay]

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
                                I always thought the Les Paul Studios where Les Pauls without the trimmings (like binding). Are they different woods??
                                I've never heard anyone call them crap before, but I don't own one. Do you see/ hear/ feel a big difference between your studios and your standard??
                                Woods are the same. Some would argue that the quality of woods are better in the Standards, and Customs. The cream/white Les Paul I own is 10lbs, the black on around 7 or 8 lbs, and the standard is around 8lbs as well. The Studios I own are heavier in weight than the Standard I have. I think there is something special about that particular standard. It has a sound to it that is something else. Couldn't tell you which is better quality Though. I believe in the end, it is what ever feels right to each individual.

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
                                you essentially have a true les paul without the trimmings on it when you get a studio. I honestly think those LP studios from the early 90's are very good with the ebony boards considering Gibson doesnt do ebony anymore. I do beleive however that the LP studio bodies are the lightest, then the standard, then the custom as far as weight. Im not 100% on that but thats what ive heard from guys that work at gibson. LP studio is the same wood as any of the les paul models though. I dig the 90's studio models with the ebony board. You can get them used for like 700-800 bucks now. Thats a steal for the guitar you are getting
                                Mid-Early 90's Studios with the Ebony board are pretty awesome from what I've experienced. The Standard I play is a 93. Its awesome. Lot of people frown on people playing metal on a Les Paul. Its interesting how that affects the thoughts of others.
                                Last edited by DoomBuggi; 12-20-2013, 05:16 PM.
                                http://WolvesofSkan.bandcamp.com

http://youtube.com/user/DoomBuggi

Comment

Working...
                                X