banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
    What amp are you using?
    A million and ten different ones. I've dropped "real" amps completely, I play the Kemper profiling amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Dahla View Post
      I keep jarring on the high end sizzle. It sounds good when chugging/riffing, but when I move up to the neck on the g, b and e string it sounds meh...!

A black winter with less sizzle would be perfect!

Yeah man...are you referring to that...I dunno...FUZZ LIKE quality around the G-string area??

Kinda like you are using a fuzz face on 1 as a preamp and then going through your rig??

I don't know how to feel about that and I think we are talking about the same thing.

Sometimes it bugs me...other times I love the all out aggression of it all. I'm not sure what is going on there technically though.
      For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Originally posted by Dahla View Post
        A black winter with less sizzle would be perfect!
        Ive always thought that about the duncan distortion too..

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
          Yeah man...are you referring to that...I dunno...FUZZ LIKE quality around the G-string area??

Kinda like you are using a fuzz face on 1 as a preamp and then going through your rig??

I don't know how to feel about that and I think we are talking about the same thing.

Sometimes it bugs me...other times I love the all out aggression of it all. I'm not sure what is going on there technically though.
          Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Thanks for putting words on it.

I go back and forth on that too, depending on the mood. If it were a little smoother on top, but with the same crunch when chugging I would put the BWs in all my guitars.

But the cleans though, the cleans. Pure sex!

Comment

Mesas need to be dialed with your eyes closed.

The bass starts where most amps end and the highs add gain.

Start with your mids around 12 o'clock and then adjust your highs and presence. Depending on what you are looking for, your bass should start at around 7 or 8 o'clock.

Also..if you have a rectifier, turn the master volume up to 12 o'clock and then adjust the volume of your various channels that way.
            For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

Comment

I will say the Black Winter is one articulate S.O.B.

Comment

I can’t believe how articulate the Black Winter is. The tone is amazing great mids and the bass is piano like. The pickup takes to distortion beautifully, no matter how much gain I through at it the string separation is always clear. The touch response is out of this world. I am seriously thinking about ordering a covered version for my Les Paul Traditional.

Comment

Mesas need to be dialed with your eyes closed.

The bass starts where most amps end and the highs add gain.

Start with your mids around 12 o'clock and then adjust your highs and presence. Depending on what you are looking for, your bass should start at around 7 or 8 o'clock.

Also..if you have a rectifier, turn the master volume up to 12 o'clock and then adjust the volume of your various channels that way.
                  That's how I dial my Recto in. One odd thing about it though, the presence control on the third channel works more like a second mid control than a normal presence control. I don't know if it's been modded or what.
                  Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    I will say the Black Winter is one articulate S.O.B.

I wish Dean still made those split tails. I have a black razor back but always wanted a Split tail with a floyd. Is it heavy for a mahogany body?
                    Originally posted by KBliss
                    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                    Originally posted by trevorus
                    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
                      Is it heavy for a mahogany body?
                      It is surprisingly light, closer to a SGs feel than a Les Paul. Dean had to stop making these because Zack Wylde was under contract with Gibson when he had these built.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                        It is surprisingly light, closer to a SGs feel than a Les Paul. Dean had to stop making these because Zack Wylde was under contract with Gibson when he had these built.
                        Does Gibson make them now or no? I'm sure I could find a used one if I really wanted one but I want to know if their is anybody making a body similar to the splittail or would I have to go custom shop route.
                        Originally posted by KBliss
                        WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                        Originally posted by trevorus
                        The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
                          That's how I dial my Recto in. One odd thing about it though, the presence control on the third channel works more like a second mid control than a normal presence control. I don't know if it's been modded or what.
                          Whoa man...I don't even know what to say about that one. When you roll off the presence, what does it sound like?? You can call Boogie and they will spend all day A/B'ing sounds with you and chat with you about your tone if you want. I'm not sure there are any "legal" or Mesa approved mods that can be done there, so they would be a great help.

ALSO:

Rockstar man!!!! I'm psyched your Winter is working out for you. I LOVE these pickups!!! If you are even remotely thinking about getting the matching neck pickup DO IT. You will totally $h!t when you hear it.

I just love the way these things feel under my fingers.

Comment

Whoa man...I don't even know what to say about that one. When you roll off the presence, what does it sound like?? You can call Boogie and they will spend all day A/B'ing sounds with you and chat with you about your tone if you want. I'm not sure there are any "legal" or Mesa approved mods that can be done there, so they would be a great help.

ALSO:

Rockstar man!!!! I'm psyched your Winter is working out for you. I LOVE these pickups!!! If you are even remotely thinking about getting the matching neck pickup DO IT. You will totally $h!t when you hear it.

The neck pickup has numbers much lighter than the bridge pickup. Is there a pretty clean sound out of the neck pickup before cranking or including pedal gain/distortion? The whole model seems like a real winner but just wondering if there is a contrast between the neck sound and bridge sound? Thanks!

Comment

ALSO:

Meh, I ain't worried about it. It works. Lol
                              Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
                                Does Gibson make them now or no? I'm sure I could find a used one if I really wanted one but I want to know if their is anybody making a body similar to the splittail or would I have to go custom shop route.
                                Gibson stopped making them, I think Dean did a much better job with them all around.

Comment

Working...
                                X