banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
    Link stolen from the Perpetual Burn thread: http://musicpromarketing.com/musicpr...ncan-new-2104/
    I hope they're available in active mounts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SGFanatic View Post
      I hope they're available in active mounts.

You can get anything in any mount. You just can't match colored humbuckers to a colored single coil. That's the only limitation.
      For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
        You can get anything in any mount. You just can't match colored humbuckers to a colored single coil. That's the only limitation.
        I hope so. The only reason I posted that is because the link I followed didn't specifically say it was available in active mount. I assume it will be, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFanatic View Post
          I hope so. The only reason I posted that is because the link I followed didn't specifically say it was available in active mount. I assume it will be, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Yeah man I JUST found out the hard way. I scored an '88 Floral Ibanez Jem and it was just something I NEVER thought was going to happen at this point because I've missed so many opportunities over the years I just kinda moved on.

So...me being...well...ME...I had to change the pickups and Duncan was able to make my special blend secret sauce pickups with no logos in Pink but they couldn't match the single coil cover to the pink humbuckers so now I have a slight mismatch that I will N E V E R let them live down because their leading competitor who (for my money) makes 90% crappy pickups can match colors all day.

So in the end....yes...I am more appreciative that the pickups feel and sound right together. I still wish the job was 100% instead of 98%.

But yeah...if you want to send them a hunk of your dad's old Chevy and have them make a pickup cover, they can do it. Just don't ask them to match it to the single coil if you have one.
          For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

Comment

I finally got around to throwing something up on You Tube. It's just excerpts from a cellphone video from the night I brought home my Splawn, and since I don't quite have my video editor figured out there's a few goof ups in the editing. But it'll give y'all an idea of what Black Winters sound like doing some old school metal, rock, ect.

Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Every time I play my Black Winter equipped number 1, I become more impressed with this pickup. It's everything I wanted it to be.

People aren't lying about those cleans, btw. They are really good, especially split. Very woody sounding.
              My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
              The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
              Originally posted by CTN
              I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
              FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
                Every time I play my Black Winter equipped number 1, I become more impressed with this pickup. It's everything I wanted it to be.

People aren't lying about those cleans, btw. They are really good, especially split. Very woody sounding.

TOLD JA!!!

She goes FULL CIRCLE man. She's SOOOOO heavy...she's actually clean.
                Last edited by Lucy Diamond; 02-18-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Just for the hell of it. This is BW split. Yes, there is chorus. Yes, there is delay. But it's my clean sound as is, with no post prosessing.

BW Split.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by Dahla View Post
                    Just for the hell of it. This is BW split. Yes, there is chorus. Yes, there is delay. But it's my clean sound as is, with no post prosessing.

[ATTACH]51170[/ATTACH]
                    That was awesome. It was almost Strat like.

How funny would it be if the Black Winter became the go to funk pickup of the 20-Teens.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
                      That was awesome. It was almost Strat like.
                      Yes it is. And that is in an Epiphone goth explorer with just one 500k push pull pot and a 3-way switch.

Simplicity for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dahla View Post

[ATTACH]51170[/ATTACH]
                        Very nice. As Lucy said, that tone could be mistaken for a Strat very easily.
                        Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

I may have to rethink the "no tapping" rule I put in place a few years ago.

Comment

Ok, where I work, Artist Guitars in Sydney, we have just become SD dealers, so I will be finally getting a Black Winter (and a Whole Lotta neck) in the next few weeks. I will try to get around to do a video comparison of the Black Winter vs the SD Custom shop Tyrannotitan. Should be interesting....
                            DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

@Dark Order Lord.

Sounds great man. Good luck with your dealership.

Comment

Hello,

The thread is a bit old but I'm very interested by those pickups. From what I read, they are very versatile and are amazing in extreme metal genres. It is what I am looking for in a pickup.
                                I have an ibanez rg721rw , basswood body, rosewood top and fretboard. Would that work ?

Thanks'

Comment

Working...
                                X