Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Want new pickups for LP

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
    Custom 8 is a great. if you dont like the stock custom for whatever reason (ceramic harshness) put an A8 mag in that baby and chime in and let us know how great you think it is.

Hey bloodrose,
    You put the a8 mag in that 59/ custom hybrid yet?
    No. hadnt thought of it. I really like the pup as it is, but I have to say everything Ive put an A8 in has been improved. Soooo perhaps Ill tear it down one day and try it.. only bad thing is, the pg is so tight on this axe, I have to take the neck off to lift the guard, so I dont really want to tear it down much more. I do have an EVH pot to put in it tho, so I can do em both at once when I free up some time.. Have you tried the A8 in a hybrid?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, don't Gibson use 300K pots?

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        Have you tried the A8 in a hybrid?
        custom/jb and custom/dd. custom jb was too much. sounded good and mean but just loud all the time. custom/dd was cool too but it had a real sizzle up top with the dd coil that i didnt like

I'm actually really digging the custom with the big ceramic mag from the distortion. Its badass. Im loving it right now so im gonna jam with it for a while then try the custom/dd hybrid with the big ceramic and try that out. The big mag is much warmer than the small ceramic and tames the high end that the a8 brings

Comment

Working...
        X