SE Santana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE Santana

Hi Guys My first Thread.I have PRS Se Santana and i am after Santana sound.Stock pups are not that good.What is your advice.Thank you

Re: SE Santana

Depends on what Santana era you are talking about. Woodstock era Santana, he was playing an SG with p90's. I read where he said he was using the Duncan Distortion bridge in his PRS at one point. The Distortion bridge is a fantastic sounding pickup for the Santana SE. It is not as aggressive in that scale as it is in superstrat style guitars.

I have 2 PRS Santana SE's (early ones), one set up with Seth Lover bridge and neck, and the other with a Distortion bridge and Dimarzio PAF neck (which I think I may switch out for a Jazz). They are both great.

Comment

Thank you so much Mr.B

Comment

Pearly Gates neck, and 59' neck pickup have given me the ''Santana'' sound. You know the ''creamy'' Supernatural sound one.
        It may all depend on the woods of your guitar and your guitar amp.
        Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
        Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
          I have 2 PRS Santana SE's (early ones), one set up with Seth Lover bridge and neck... great.
          +1. I put a pair of Seth's in my Santana SE too.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Thank you guys you rock

Comment

Depends on what Santana era you are talking about. Woodstock era Santana, he was playing an SG with p90's. I read where he said he was using the Duncan Distortion bridge in his PRS at one point. The Distortion bridge is a fantastic sounding pickup for the Santana SE. It is not as aggressive in that scale as it is in superstrat style guitars.

I have 2 PRS Santana SE's (early ones), one set up with Seth Lover bridge and neck, and the other with a Distortion bridge and Dimarzio PAF neck (which I think I may switch out for a Jazz). They are both great.
              you just made me decide to try a distortion in my santana. have you ever put a jb in one?
              i have the first generation se. closed pickups, no pickguard, etc...

Comment

I love the Distortion in my PRS SE Custom 22. I guess it's close enough that it should work for yours too.

Comment

The JB in a PRS SE was a no-go. The 59 neck was a little too bass heavy/muddy, and the 59 bridge was not quite powerful enough for me. The Dimarzio 36th Anniversary set sounds good in the Santana SE too. I used that for a while. I kept the 36th PAF Neck, but wasn't crazy about the bridge.

Comment

Mr.B do they fit in guitar outright or i have to mod the guitar.I think Seth Lover will be my choice.Thanks for your time and help

Comment

They fit without any mods. One of the easiest setups to work on too. You don't even need to take the strings off, if you left enough wind on them when stringing them. Just don't buy an F-Spaced humbucker. Any regular-spaced should fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X