Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overwound A2 pickups - EVH, George Lynch, Warren DeMartini, CC

Originally posted by SlappyTappy View Post
    IM1 is a Frankenstein humbucker with a A5, right?
    Depends on who you ask.

Personally, I really don't find it very VH-ish.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SlappyTappy View Post
      Thought it was established that badlands was a P90?
      I'd never heard that but I'm sure it was used in spots , I'd bet the farm most of the Badlands and Voodoo Highway was with a JB
      When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post
        I'd never heard that but I'm sure it was used in spots , I'd bet the farm most of the Badlands and Voodoo Highway was with a JB
        +1

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Comment

I was always under the impression it was a Duncan Holdsworth, not a stock JB (...?)

Comment

Jakes Ultmate Sin tone and Badlands was pure JB. The Ultimate Sin and Ratts Invasion Of Your Privacy are prime examples of the JB into a hot Marshall
            From an interview from that era of Jake's career, HE said that he was using a Duncan Allan Holdsworth Prototype pickup (which was a JB with 2 sets of screws and an A2 magnet) in the bridge position. Try a JB with an A2 magnet in a superstrat and see if does not nail the Bark at the Moon/ Ultimate Sin tone.

Comment

Jake's work with badlands was really past the 1980's hair band era. Kurt Cobain killed the Glam era hair band thing in about 1989.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
                From an interview from that era of Jake's career, HE said that he was using a Duncan Allan Holdsworth Prototype pickup (which was a JB with 2 sets of screws and an A2 magnet) in the bridge position. Try a JB with an A2 magnet in a superstrat and see if does not nail the Bark at the Moon/ Ultimate Sin tone.
                I could see the A2 Holdsworth being used on BATM as is it a pretty warm tone but Ultimate has to be an A5 JB as the tone on that album is really bright and just cuts
                When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

I thought DeMartini swapped A2s into his JBs fairly early on.
                  Nope...

Comment

Working...
                  X