banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use a les paul type for hair metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone use a les paul type for hair metal?

Originally posted by fwr1982 View Post
    No, Poison and G N' R should never be mentioned in the same category. You are entitled to your opinion, but I can't believe that you actually prefer skid row and poison over G N' R. As far as Mustaine goes, he was never hair metal - he was thrash - Seriously, find me just one picture of Mustaine wearing makeup. Don't tell me to google pics and listen to some songs, since I have every official megadeth release since the beginning and probably 90% of the video/audio bootlegs out there. Plus, all I said was that I think of him when I think B.C. Rich
    Have you SEEN dave in fullon poodle mode???
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
      Have you SEEN dave in fullon poodle mode???
      Dude, he never used hair spray or makeup so give it up - he is not and never was hair metal. You seem to think that any rock band in the eighties was "hair metal." Some people have hair that gets really thick and crazy when it grows long - that doesn't classify as hair metal and it is the music that should be important anyway. Have you seen Lars in the eighties - I guess Metallica is a "hair metal" band according to you, or how about joey belladonna from Anthrax - he has eighties hair - is Anthrax a hair metal band too? I don't know how old you are, but if there are pics of you from the 80's they probably look "dated" too - it was a different time period.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion, but I can't believe that you actually prefer skid row and poison over G N' R.
        I would take Skid Row over G&R any day. Axl's whnine starts to grate on my nerves after a while. After AFD there are only a handfull of songs that really move me.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I would take Skid Row over G&R any day. Axl's whnine starts to grate on my nerves after a while. After AFD there are only a handfull of songs that really move me.
          I like skid row quite a bit, just not as much as G N' R. I like the first album and especially "slave to the grind" - which, unfortunately wasn't as successful as it should have been. I also like "B-Side Ourselves" too (for a cover album), I didn't really care for "Subhuman race" though.

Comment

I also like "B-Side Ourselves" too (for a cover album).
            Great disk awesome RUSH cover

Comment

Just remebered Andy McCoy of Hanoi Rocks is a Les Paul guy. You cant get much more hair metal than that.

Comment

I remember back in 1989 I was able to, and did get a used 1986 Les Paul Custom for $450- back then you could easily find Les Pauls on the used market for $600 if you looked, because they weren't considered cool- every kid wanted their Ibanez and Kramer shredsticks. Les Pauls weren't considered cool. No one wanted Les Pauls back then, Tom Keifer was the only one regularly seen with his white Les Paul. When I got mine, everyone thought Randy Rhoads- and then Zack Wylde came on the scene with his bullseye Les Paul- all around 1990.

When GNR came around, the whole game changed. Bands went from glam to a more punk look, trying to copy the GNR look and sound. After GNR made it big, then you saw every band on MTV now sporting Les Pauls

Comment

Working...
                X