No announcement yet.

AlNiCo 8 magnet for Duncan Distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlNiCo 8 magnet for Duncan Distortion?

Hey guys,

I recently bought a Seymour Duncan Distortion, but I'm not too happy with the sound. It just sounds too harsh/grainy to me, and has this typical Ceramic coldness to it.
    A while back I swapped the magnet in my Seymour Duncan JB as well, I placed an AlNiCo 8 in it, and I really liked it. However this pup is already in another guitar...

I was thinking to swap the magnet in my DD as well, also for an AlNiCo 8, it will still have lots of output like a Ceramic, but will also have the musicality and warmth of AlNiCo.
    As I really liked the AlNiCo 8 in my JB, I thought that this might be the way to go.

What do you guys think? Is there anyone who has an AlNiCo 8 magnet for me?

Kind regards,

Mark
    My Guitars:

Mayones Setius GTM6 /w JB 8 mod
    ESP LTD Viper 500s
    '91 Peavey Predator (modified)
    Ibanez SR1205 (1995 model)

Re: AlNiCo 8 magnet for Duncan Distortion?

if you like the alnico 8 in the jb, you will like it in the distortion

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      if you like the alnico 8 in the jb, you will like it in the distortion
      Ah, great I really love the JB8, leads are insane through that pickup!
      My Guitars:

ESP LTD Viper 500s

Comment

Yeah, I have a JB8 in one of my axes and its cool
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I did exactly what you're talking about, and it made the Distortion ALMOST what I wanted in my Les Paul. But I wanted just a bit more looseness and dynamics, and it didn't quite cut it. It was an improvement over the stock Distortion in that guitar. Now I have that Distortion set in my PRS SE Custom 22, and I couldn't be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
            I did exactly what you're talking about, and it made the Distortion ALMOST what I wanted in my Les Paul. But I wanted just a bit more looseness and dynamics, and it didn't quite cut it. It was an improvement over the stock Distortion in that guitar. Now I have that Distortion set in my PRS SE Custom 22, and I couldn't be happier.
            Awesome, A8's are so great, my JB8 really sings in my Mayones, leads sound almost like liquid, and it just roars with regular riffing.
            I'm very curious about how it's going to sound in my new Ibanez, tuned that guitar to drop A#, but as I said, it just sounds cold and grainy with the ceramic...
            My Guitars:

ESP LTD Viper 500s

Comment

Originally posted by RockWithMark View Post
              Hey guys,

I recently bought a Seymour Duncan Distortion, but I'm not too happy with the sound. It just sounds too harsh/grainy to me, and has this typical Ceramic coldness to it.
              A while back I swapped the magnet in my Seymour Duncan JB as well, I placed an AlNiCo 8 in it, and I really liked it. However this pup is already in another guitar...

I was thinking to swap the magnet in my DD as well, also for an AlNiCo 8, it will still have lots of output like a Ceramic, but will also have the musicality and warmth of AlNiCo.
              As I really liked the AlNiCo 8 in my JB, I thought that this might be the way to go.

What do you guys think? Is there anyone who has an AlNiCo 8 magnet for me?

Kind regards,

Mark
              Too grainy??? More like not grainy, I call it growly, enough!!!!
              DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

Working...
              X