banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FREE set of Duncan pickups of your choice. On me. Merry Christmas.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FREE set of Duncan pickups of your choice. On me. Merry Christmas.

Hi. Awesome idea! IŽd want a 59/Custom and a Pearly Gates neck, both with nickel covers. They will be going into my Gibson LP Studio, which I just refinished. It was all black and looked like a plastic guitar so I stripped it down, stained it, sanded it, scraped it, sealed it and gave it a fairly huge amount of tru-oil. Except for the fake bindings being almost invisible IŽm very happy with it now. But IŽd like some more output from the neck pickup than my 59A2. The 59/Custom sounds fantastic, so IŽd like ine of them
    Merry christmas and happy new year!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0123.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	5773324

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
      I certainly cannot turn down this offer. Thanks Rodney Gene for being in the Christmas spirit!

My girlfriend surprised me on my birthday last week with an amazing Orville Les Paul Custom. Long story short, I had been trying to buy this particular guitar since September, but couldn't get the money together. A few weeks back, I had my finances sorted out, but the guitar was gone. So i spent weeks being a little bummed out only to find out that my girlfriend (who doesn't have a lot of money to burn either) had bought it for me! It was a birthday miracle, so maybe the magic will keep going with this contest!

The guitar already has a set of 59s in it, and I love the neck but think the bridge could use a little more punch. I was originally thinking of a set of gold covered whole lotta humbuckers, but the open coil look has grown on me. With that in mind, I humbly throw my name in the hat for 1 Brobucker. It's the forum pickup, it's a forum contest, and you are truly a sweet bro for doing this for us.

Here is a pic of me getting the guitar. It's blurry, but we all know what a LPC looks like!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]49094[/ATTACH]

For other forumites, I don't know a lot of you guys personally, but I'll also go with TheLivingDead. We both have crazy colored Ibanez rgs and he seems like a nice guy.
      This is awesome! Love gives us wings, but the love and friendship of a good woman gives us the strength to use them. Very cool! Good luck bro!
      Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
        The guitar already has a set of 59s in it and I love the neck, but think the bridge could use a little more punch...throw my name in the hat for 1 Brobucker.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49094[/ATTACH]

Many respects to you for taking this on. I almost feel guilty putting my name in the hat of your sincere generosity... (almost)

I'd like to SPLIT my entry with SuperPete

Put me in the hat for a Pearly Gates Neck with Screamin' Demon-style hex poles and a Brobucker for the man.

In the rare event that SuperPete and I both happen to win on our own, please pass my second pickup choice along to one of the other forum members needing a single pickup.

I love the Pearly Gates Neck and would like a hex/screw version to compliment the Screamin' Demon aesthetic I currently have in the bridge of this guitar (a Washburn WI-50V "Heavy Metal" Idol):

Last edited by Masta' C; 12-23-2013, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Very cool of you Rodney!

I am very blessed, but I will play anyway!

I'd love to try a Whole Lotta Humbucker neck in my Les Paul Standard....or a Custom Shop "Humbucker Under a p-90 cover" in this guitar!

Click image for larger version

Name:	206549_1993674208554_2204801_n.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	5773333
          Last edited by metlking; 12-18-2013, 10:06 PM.
          Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
          "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

RG...thanks for being so generous with this giveaway! I'm new to this forum, but I plan to be a regular.

My story:
            After being away from playing guitar for several years, I purchased a new Les Paul studio a few years ago so that I could play with my ten year old son who now plays (and is doing really well!!!) I have really enjoyed re-discovering my love for playing guitar and hopefully my chops will get back to the level that I want them to be at. I love playing rock/classic rock and as my playing has progressed, I realize that I want more tone out of my LP than the current pickups can deliver. Unfortunately I have been unable to upgrade due to family finance concerns (I would rather buy my kids Christmas presents and keep a roof over their heads). I would love to have the Nickel covered Whole Lotta Humbucker set for my LP. I love Led Zep, and I love JP's tone. An upgrade like this will make a nice guitar sound even better for years to come. My fingers are crossed that I can win this great prize!!

Here is a pic of my LP studio (you can also see my son's Ibanez in the background).

Name:	my LP.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	5773335

Cheers!

TT

Comment

I've got Gibby 57's in my 2013 Sig "T" but I can't get the tone where I want, I listened to some Seth's and I think they would do the job !!! And I just would like to say Thank you very much !!! Here's a photo of my Sig "T"

Name:	1491386_10151858781253386_180122003_o.jpg
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	5773344
              Last edited by Geaham_H; 12-19-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

That is so awesome to for you to do so.Heres my shot.I want some slash humbucker action.Why do i want\need them.Well im a teenager with not so much money and this would basically remove the 2nd top thin in my wish list.Im gonna be honest with you(and no im not doing this as a guilt thing)im poor and im going through some financial issues atm and would really love to upgrade my guitars pickups because I love playing guitar.I'm putting the pickups in a vintage v100.

Name:	999157_604092562968898_1431610210_n.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	5773346

Comment

Hey friends! I am going to pull the gifted names Christmas Eve. That's about 6 days...and that is the plan. May not post till Christmas.

----------------------------------------------------------
                  BTW, this is not a charity! I am not rich looking for the down-trodden poor musicians per se. I am surprised more haven't stepped up. This is just a gift, from us to you. If you win and you happen to 'really need the pickups, very cool! That would be cool for me. I hope you do! I have been given unsolicited gifts in my life and in some cases it has really made an impact.

But some of you want to try a new set of Duncan pickups and can't justify it for some reason, even if your 'doing ok'. I get it. Some of you are dads and put your energy into your family and won't buy a set for yourself, this is for you also.
                  Some of you are professional musicians and if you are like me, you have a drawer full of great 'usuable' pickups, un-used or that you recycle through as your needs shift. But you may still like to keep refining. Just post! It guilt-free!

---------------------------------------------------------

So far this is really good odds for most because so few have just stepped in! BTW, I don't care if you sell them! One way or the other a set of Duncans will be in somebody's hands and guitar and I have no attachment or invested interest beyond giving them away with a thought of tone success and enjoyment for whomever ends up with them. With SDs, you always get proven quality in pickups. Always.

Cheers and Respect and Great Tone to you!

RG

Edit: BTW, your guitar does not need to be a gutted project guitar! It can fully loaded and sounding great already. For Fn sakes, we are musicians. We are a seriously curious seeking bunch of nerds as a whole. LOL! New pickups are a great way to restore new inspiration even with a guitar we already love!
                  Last edited by Rodney Gene; 12-19-2013, 10:04 AM.
                  Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Comment

Rodney, this is a very cool thing you are doing. I would like to add my name to the chorus of folks who have nominated TLD. He's a constant force on the forum and one helluva player. He'll get more use & enjoyment out of a new set of pickups than I ever would.
                    Originally posted by DreX
                    Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                    The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                    There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                    Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                    I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

I have a Les Paul copy that I am really trying to match with the right pickups for my style. I am kind of a modern-vintage player, with influence from Bryan Adams, Boston, Def Leppard, etc. I have tried a bunch of Gibson pickups without much success, and am ready to try some Seymour Duncan pickups.

I have two small children, the budget is tight, and I can't spend a ton of money just swapping pickups. So any help this Christmas would be a blessing. If I were lucky enough to win, I'd pick a set of Seth Lover pickups with gold covers. Thanks for making two people's Christmas one to remember!

Comment

This is really cool of you and whoever else is contributing. Very cool.

Here's my submission, although I need to get the trem situation straightened out before I can complete the re-animation of a collection of random RG parts:

Sign me up for a Black Winter trembucker and SSL-6's for the middle & neck.

Why those pickups? I love the Painkiller in another RG, they seem to be similar. SSL-6's because they ****ing rule. Derp.
                        Last edited by King IzzO))); 12-19-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                          I'd like to SPLIT my entry with SuperPete (if he doesn't win on his own). Put me in the hat for a Pearly Gates Neck with Demon style hex poles and a Brobucker for the man.

If SuperPete happens to win alongside me, pass my second pickup to one of the other forum friends needing a single pickup.

By the way, many respects to you for taking this on. I almost feel guilty putting my name in the hat of your sincere generosity...almost
                          thanks dude! very cool of you!
                          Quality riffs in about a minute...
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Okay Rodney, you talked me into it...

My '04 Faded Brown SG... I bought it from a kid going through a rough patch (long story there). Random coincidence is that it was wired up the week of my 30th birthday, the 15th anniversary of my first picking up the guitar.

Right now it has the stock p'ups in it, and I think a chrome covered Brobucker would go really nice in the bridge. I don't have any of the forum-designed p'ups, and that one draws the most interest from me. Not sure what I'd put in the neck to match it, but this being a Custom Shop job, I won't ask you to cover that.
                            "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Gplayerzzz View Post
                              I could use a bridge distortion or black winter. I finally found a lefty 24 scale strat, and the stock pickups are horrible lol. I need more lottery tickets. Update: Can't resize the pic, and Duncan says its too big to post. Free prog I used gave me a stupid virus. Heres the guitar, minus a pick plate. Waiting to get a new one from pick guardian.
                              This prog also gave me a virus, but did resize the pic.

Name:	guitar.jpg
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	5773348

Comment

Come on guys, no sense in NOT jumping in on this.
                                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                                Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Working...
                                X