Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brand New 59/Custom Hybrid Very Microphonic - HELP

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
    Going to quote myself here because in my experience with Teles of all sorts this is your problem.
    Thanks! ...In my 30 years of playing guitar, I've only been a string changer. Which is I need to call me luthier to see if he can do the things you suggested, or I need to see a step-by-step of how to do this with my guitar. I've never fooled with anything other stringin' it up and jammin, so my apologies to all for asking such elementary questions on "how to", and THANK YOU all for the help. I love this guitar and just want it to work. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
      Thanks! ...In my 30 years of playing guitar, I've only been a string changer. Which is I need to call me luthier to see if he can do the things you suggested, or I need to see a step-by-step of how to do this with my guitar. I've never fooled with anything other stringin' it up and jammin, so my apologies to all for asking such elementary questions on "how to", and THANK YOU all for the help. I love this guitar and just want it to work. Cheers!
      It's easy. Take strings off. Unscrew bridge. Make sure nothing is between the bridge and body and thats the mating surfaces are flat. Make sure there's good, stiff springs/surgical tubing on the pickup screws. Screw bridge back on and string it up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
      Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
        It's easy. Take strings off. Unscrew bridge. Make sure nothing is between the bridge and body and thats the mating surfaces are flat. Make sure there's good, stiff springs/surgical tubing on the pickup screws. Screw bridge back on and string it up.

Thanks!! I also talked to my luthier who's weary of internet fixes, but said there's merit to everything you guys have said. He did say the lose base plate of the pickup and the springs could be the biggest culprit. So my screws should all be fine, I just need to 1) get the tubing,
        2) get rid of the springs
        3) make sure the bottom base plate of the pickup is nice and tightly attached to the pickup
        5) maybe as some rubber foam in the cavity for extra snugness of the pup in the cavity (it does feel very loose)
        6) make sure the bridge plate is very flat. If it is not, what should I do? Should I replace it with a Gotoh? They have a brass replacement one in black.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
          Thanks!! I also talked to my luthier who's weary of internet fixes, but said there's merit to everything you guys have said. He did say the lose base plate of the pickup and the springs could be the biggest culprit. So my screws should all be fine, I just need to 1) get the tubing,
          2) get rid of the springs
          3) make sure the bottom base plate of the pickup is nice and tightly attached to the pickup
          5) maybe as some rubber foam in the cavity for extra snugness of the pup in the cavity (it does feel very loose)
          6) make sure the bridge plate is very flat. If it is not, what should I do? Should I replace it with a Gotoh? They have a brass replacement one in black.

Thanks!
          That might be a Gotoh bridge plate to begin with.

Might be as simple as a spec of crap being under the bridge plate and making it not sit flat. Or maybe a high spot in the finish. On maybe just a loose mounting screw.

Nope...

Comment

Working...
          X