Those guitars are ridiculous.
    + 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999
    "Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Re: Mr Scary pickups?

I will say that while I don't like the guitars, at least he's doing what he wants. I think if any of us had the chance to do something like that (if we were so inclined) we would.

If I was able to have my own line of Gibson explorers done my way with my own pickups... I'd do it in a heartbeat, and most people would hate what I love lol.
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

The ESP Lynch models on display at namm have mr scary pickups, not SD.

Comment

Weird turn of events. Considering that the more prolific content the guy is known for was recorded with a Duncan. Most of that was prior to the Demon model.

Maybe he will have more luck moving a few of those pickups in those $4k ESPs than he will in those $4k-9k atrocities he builds from ESP parts in the ESP factory.

edit: and how does anyone know for certain that company found the tone for those pickups? wouldn't be the first time an artist took a sample or a prototype to another company to have it made from them. i.e., there are two current ESP artists that have signature models that started life as models or prototypes from Kramer that were never seen in the American market or on any market at all.

and someone going all-out for Metallica stuff makes more sense than $9k guitars with chicken bones glued on them.
          Last edited by darthphineas; 01-24-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimman View Post
            As crazy as this announcement is, the most surprising part of this all to me is that they might actually be getting that kind of money for those guitars. Those are ugly as sin.

It isn't so far fetched man.

I have a buddy that will buy absolutely anything James Hetfield or Kirk Hammett have played or have been photographed with.
            All of his "Metallica" guitars stay in their cases and never come out. It's just his thing. And I'm not talking about Indonesian replicas either...I'm talking about custom made 1 off I'm-going-to-throw-this-money-at-you-and-you-will-make-it-for-me stuff. It's crazy but it makes him happy.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

When the music/player is no longer relevant in the grand scheme of things...they start flip flopping endorsements. Its how they make easy money. Record sales for slash, george, evh, and others are peanuts. Its not the 1980s anymore.
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                i like seymour duncan and i like george lynch and these pickups seem pretty cool. i survived yngwie leaving dimarzio for duncan, evh leaving ebmm for peavey then leaving peavey for fender, dimebag leaving randall and dean for krank and washburn, angus young having a signature gibson pu but using duncans, and johnny damon leaving the red sox for the yankees, i'm sure i can get through this.

I don't know, man. My whole self-esteem revolves around what gear a 60 year old hair metal shredder uses. It's like, the most important thing in the world. Why, George?! Say it ain't so!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                  When the music/player is no longer relevant in the grand scheme of things...they start flip flopping endorsements. Its how they make easy money. Record sales for slash, george, evh, and others are peanuts. Its not the 1980s anymore.
                  I see what you're saying but I just don't think the math supports it. Look how many places carry Duncans compared to Arcanes. The sheer volume of SD vs Arcane makes it less about easy money.

Like I said George just never struck me as that kind guy...I mean a guy who could tell Aspen Pitman was messing with him because 1 day old tubes weren't changed is going to be a stickler or sound.
                  “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I ponder if there might be some relevance to both JeffB and Luke.

For starters, the dude hasn't really been relevant in over 20 years.

And then, after the guys sells a few Arcane model to his core base, it has nowhere to go. With a larger company like SD or DiMarzio, a pickup will get off to a running start out if the gate. Seems the dude from Arcane is getting the better end of the deal, with people that never knew of the company now picking through his selection.

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X