Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: covering humbucker pickups with clear sellotape

my hand can kill ernie ball string in less than 2 weeks..l
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is normal...and one of the reasons I don't use EB strings.

Comment

Try some Dean Markley Blue Steel strings. I rust strings out quickly as well but I find the Blue Steels hold up a month or more vs 1-2 weeks on Ernie Balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Elias Graves View Post
        Try some Dean Markley Blue Steel strings. I rust strings out quickly as well but I find the Blue Steels hold up a month or more vs 1-2 weeks on Ernie Balls.
        i dont think they sell dean markley string here but the say ghs is pretty good too besides d'addario

Comment

for sweaty hands and no rust the ones that had given to me the best results are Fender Nickel Plated Steel, Magma Pro Series and Elixir Nanoweb, wich i would say the last ones were a little deception to me compared with the fender and magma because i broked some sets of them (Elixir) and no the plain ones.......

Comment

you guys with the super corrosive sweat.....what the hell do you guys eat and drink? o.0
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

uhh beer, and a lot of spicy food

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                you guys with the super corrosive sweat.....what the hell do you guys eat and drink? o.0
                For me, it's a lot of spicy foods, citrus, garlic and tomato-based sauces. I've got some pretty decent acid hands, and the next best thing to all-stainless for durability (and much better for toanz) is the DR Extra Life Silver Stars. They look like your regular guitar string, unlike the colored string coatings they have, and these strings beat the pants off EXP or Elixir Nano for durability while sacrificing very little high end sparkle. I use em in 10-46. They cost about half again as much as a set of uncoated strings like EBs or GHBs, but they last *sooo* much longer.
                Last edited by Liko; 01-14-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

yeah, a lot of good things i've heared about Dr Strings, it's a lame that the only dealer in my country only carries 10-46 as the heaviest gauge for electric.......

about spicy food, try black beans with lemon, onion, tomato, cream and coban pepper.

other two brands for acid hands are Cleartone (coated) and Rockers wich are uncoated but stands against rust as well as many coated strings

Comment

Working...
                  X