banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got a replacement BMP1 to replace the one that was clipping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got a replacement BMP1 to replace the one that was clipping...

So 12 days later I get the replacement bmp1 preamp to replace the one that was clipping hard when I hit the strings with ANY significant force. The verdict? NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. There was indeed something defective/damaged with the preamp that was originally installed.

The punch and dynamics that were completely absent are here now in spades! And the tone! Everything sounds completely different. There is a clarity that was not there before. It's what I was originally expecting to get out of the BMP1 set up, and is everything that I hoped it would be!

In fact, when I got the replacement, it was shortly before I had to go to work, so I scrambled to get it into my guitar, and then jammed to the point where I was almost late for work, and I still had to pull myself away from it I was enjoying it so much! BMP1 for the win!

Re: So I got a replacement BMP1 to replace the one that was clipping...

Woo Hoo! Glad you got that sorted! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
      Woo Hoo! Glad you got that sorted! Congrats.
      Yeah, totally! Can't wait to try out other pickups in it to see what it can do. Worth every penny now!

Comment

Awesome, glad that all got straightened out. It didn't sound like a wiring issue at all, sorry you had to wait for the replacement but glad it worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
          Awesome, glad that all got straightened out. It didn't sound like a wiring issue at all, sorry you had to wait for the replacement but glad it worked out.
          completely right on that one! And since there was no soldering involved, just moving wires from one BMP1 to another, from cavity plates off to back on again the whole thing took maybe 10-15min. I still can't believe how much better it sounds! And I haven't even changed the strings yet! hahahaha! Going to put on a fresh set and see how much better, better can get!

Comment

Working...
          X