alt8 jb hybrid. what do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alt8 jb hybrid. what do you think

Considering to make this pickup happen. What do you think of this?

Re: alt8 jb hybrid. what do you think

I think it's worth trying. Would you make two? I'm curious if it would sound different with a JB slug side as opposed to an Alt8 slug side.
    Originally posted by Rockstar216
    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

How different are the winds?
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Can't tell you how different, sorry!

Comment

I feel it would work well. What magnet would ou stick with? A8?
          -IM

Comment

What guitar?
            -IM

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
              Can't tell you how different, sorry!
              Didn't know if they had the info about the Alt8 online yet or not, and didn't bother to look for myself
              Originally posted by Brown Note
              I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
              My Blog

Comment

Probably going to be one hot S.O.B.
                Originally posted by KBliss
                WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                Originally posted by trevorus
                The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                  Didn't know if they had the info about the Alt8 online yet or not, and didn't bother to look for myself
                  nop, no info online and I promised on the penalty of castration with bricks, not to tell.

I wanna try out a JB/alt8 and a JB/alt5 (i.e.: same only using an alnico5 magnet...). I think the a5 version will be like a JB but with more dynamics and more 'open'. the alnico 8 version will be like the alt 8 only with a more fluid feel and a bit more 'open'. if that makes sense?

Comment

nop, no info online and I promised on the penalty of castration with bricks, not to tell.

I wanna try out a JB/alt8 and a JB/alt5 (i.e.: same only using an alnico5 magnet...). I think the a5 version will be like a JB but with more dynamics and more 'open'. the alnico 8 version will be like the alt 8 only with a more fluid feel and a bit more 'open'. if that makes sense?
                    So they'll both feel more open? I'm assuming you mean compared with the alt 8 and jb, not with each other. Other than that it makes sense.
                    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                    I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

nop, no info online
                      Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

I didn't promess anything...

Comment

Can you do hybrids for 7 string in the same way as you can with 6's..?

I've got one to do and before I undo anything, I want to check this out.
                        Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

I'd be more interested in an Alt 8/Custom hybrid, but I'm sure they would both sound cool, at the least.

Comment

Lt. Kojak: that's basic info... I know a 'bit' more than that

And when I'm saying 'more open', I am referring to the originals, not how the hybrids would be compared to each other.

wait am I making sense, or is the jet lag getting the better of me.

Comment

Originally posted by EET_FUK View Post
                              I'd be more interested in an Alt 8/Custom hybrid, but I'm sure they would both sound cool, at the least.
                              that could be interesting, except the wind of the Alt-8 takes the A8 mag a little better than the Custom 8 (yeah, I said it... get over it. *yawn*). or are you thinking of going with the ceramic magnet?

I suppose the same could be asked of the Alt-8/JB... A8 or A5?

either way, when everyone gets finished measuring their special-purposes over what they do and don't know, please try it out and post some results.

Comment

Working...
                              X