Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Versatile "metal" pickup(s)?

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
    Honestly I think versatility comes more from what amp you have but thats just me, as for you wanting a versatile pup for metal it sounds like Metal is the top priority. So with that being known i'd suggest something hot in the bridge and something low output in the neck and also have a coil split wired.

I'd suggest in the bridge either a Custom, Distortion, Black winter, or a PATB-1. In the neck i'd say either a 59, Alnico 2 pro, Jazz, or the PATBn-1.

Now my personal suggestion of what I would do is use a Bill Lawrence L-90 in the neck and a L-500 in the bridge.

i found a L-500xl but i cant find a L-90 anywhere

Comment

gus g blackouts are actives but the preamp is mounted into a volume pot so the pickups had a more traditional contruction, so they actually inproved the passive like dynamics that blackouts were design to had

the L-90 can only be direct buyed form the wilde's retail page http://wildepickups.com/Wilde_Bill_s_Twin_Blades.html

Comment

Originally posted by EDX View Post
        gus g blackouts are actives but the preamp is mounted into a volume pot so the pickups had a more traditional contruction, so they actually inproved the passive like dynamics that blackouts were design to had

the L-90 can only be direct buyed form the wilde's retail page http://wildepickups.com/Wilde_Bill_s_Twin_Blades.html
        thanks. How come this ones dont say bill lawrence on them or usa? Also, ill admit im a noob. what does it mean when you go to buy a pickup and the choices are 2.0H, 2.8H, 4.0H etc...Is it like the sizes of strings? like how my guitar had 7's and i put 10's on it?

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned the EMG 81X, all the benefits of active with a passive feel to them

Comment

Working...
          X