• Show
Clear All

Re: replacing custom 5 bridge

I would look at the ToneZone....

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
      I would look at the ToneZone....
      thanks. it is exciting that men have good options to choose.

Comment

Which lp tone do u like? I thought I needed a paf to get me there, but fell in love with a nice fat JB. I even got an rtm for bonus points.
        nobody loves me but my mama... and she could be jivin' too.

Comment

Originally posted by tubecrunch View Post
          Which lp tone do u like? I thought I needed a paf to get me there, but fell in love with a nice fat JB. I even got an rtm for bonus points.
          I like Billy Gibbons for rich tones. Also some SG tones as I mentioned from the Yamaha SG1820. The Tone Zone looks nice but maybe to metal. I dont need to djent...

Comment

Originally posted by brusky View Post
            Thanks! The PATB-3 samples sound great. The only thing is the description says designed for Floyd Rose system. The Yamaha uses Wilkinson tremolo. I assume this will still work?
            This is good info! The PATB3 was designed mostly with that trem guitar to LP thing in mind. Now the 59 is a great pickup, but will have alot less output than a C5. The beautiful thing about the Custom series of pickups, (Custom, C5, cc) is that its all the same pickup, but with a different magnet. You can buy an alnico 2 magnet and put it in your C5 and have a nice buttery midrange monster. Put a ceramic mag in and you get a custom.

Would work good with any trem
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
            X