SD pearly gates vs SD JB vs SD nazgul vs dimarzio tone Zone in bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD pearly gates vs SD JB vs SD nazgul vs dimarzio tone Zone in bridge

Wanted get everyone's thoughts on differences in tone between SD pearly gates, SD JB, SD nazgul, dimarzio tone zone. How would sound vs wolfgang pick up.

Re: SD pearly gates vs SD JB vs SD nazgul vs dimarzio tone Zone in bridge

You want to compare a Pearly Gates to a Nazgul and Tone Zone?

What are you looking for in a pickup? What type of music do you play? What does your rig consist of? What pickup(s) do you currently have and what isn't it doing for you?

Comment

Originally posted by polishnightmare View Post
      Wanted get everyone's thoughts on differences in tone between SD pearly gates, SD JB, SD nazgul, dimarzio tone zone. How would sound vs wolfgang pick up.
      Hmmm...where to begin?
      -IM

Comment

We're gonna need a little more info to help you out.
         Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Yeah, you really covered a lot of ground with your choices. Some of those are not in the same ballpark as others. We need more info..

Comment

I currently have a strat with a pearly gate, so I mention this as I know how it sounds as a basis for comparison. I have seen other 6 string strats type guitars but they have SD JB, SD nazgul, and Dimarzio Tone zone in the bridges. So I am trying to get an idea of how they sound to each other in a strat type guitar. I am looking for something that is hotter than the pearly gates, not as piercing on the highs, warmer, open sounding not compressed. Looking for something for hard rock and heavy metal, not the chug, chug all day heavy metal like (Black Label, Slayer), but more melody riff stuff like (ozzy, metalica, judas preist, motley crue). Although would like a good Chug sound when needed. Like the sound of wolfgang and pickups, but don't like the way the feels playing.

Comment

JB. Someone at SD told me it was step up from my pearly gates bridge.
              Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
              http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

I can handle this in four words:

They are all different.

I do not own a Nazgul, but have heard a couple of clips. The other three?

PG - Classic PAF style a little gnarly with sugar on top
                JB - Classic Hot smoking' ballsy rock pickup
                TZ - Thick heavy even voiced Bass/mid pre amp pusher
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Having owned a JB and a Tone Zone, I can say that these two can be tweaked (height and pole piece) to sound VERY similar. I'd throw a generalization that the TZ has more chugginess, and the JB has a more satisfying high end sizzle. IMO, this makes the TZ better for rhythm and the JB for singing leads.
                  Originally posted by Myaccount876
                  Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Just get the JB and be done with it. Can I get back to my nap now?

Sent from my armored battle station using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're looking for Duncans, the JB will probably do what you're looking for, as might the Perpetual Burn and Pegasus.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Gotta say - given the range of selections, kinda like the "JB" overall…
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                        X