• Show
Clear All

Re: Need help with a volume pot issue.

LOL yeah, being able to see what you're doing is important

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
      LOL yeah, being able to see what you're doing is important
      yeah thats a major problem for me, Also the tip on my iron is as big as a jumbo crayon.

Here's to hoping it goes better today,

Comment

I have the same issues I can build a custom 10 million dollar house or cook a $1000 a plate gourmet meal for 500 people but I can't wire a guitar for crap. The DIY pedals are really easy printed board is like a puzzle you put the stuff on it flip over and solder, hard part is putting it in the box and wiring the switch. The reason most people fry pots is because they are not using enough heat or flux, flux on both parts and alot of heat like 750 degrees and you will have almost instant solder success. I have a friend that told me these things he is an expert and it really works , shame I can't afford one of those fancy nice soldering irons oh well. Heck he has one of those resistance irons instant solder doesn't heat anything .We really like your work Kramersteen and are in awe of your nice ass custom guitars !
        Originally posted by Oinkus
        I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
          I have the same issues I can build a custom 10 million dollar house or cook a $1000 a plate gourmet meal for 500 people but I can't wire a guitar for crap. The DIY pedals are really easy printed board is like a puzzle you put the stuff on it flip over and solder, hard part is putting it in the box and wiring the switch. The reason most people fry pots is because they are not using enough heat or flux, flux on both parts and alot of heat like 750 degrees and you will have almost instant solder success. I have a friend that told me these things he is an expert and it really works , shame I can't afford one of those fancy nice soldering irons oh well. Heck he has one of those resistance irons instant solder doesn't heat anything .We really like your work Kramersteen and are in awe of your nice ass custom guitars !
          haha yeah thanks man. It just comes down to practice and gear. I will get there.

My next build i will have to get a guy i know t help with the wiring because its going to be mental complex. I don't even know if it will be possible actually but i will be doing my best to make it happen.

I have a ibby neck simulator preamp, but i want to wire in a shadow eq in place of the bridge pickup

So it will be wired like the top diagram but with the shadow as well, Not sure if i will need to run 2 batteries or what. Maybe ArtieToo could take a look at the idea for me?

Comment

At least 2 batteries might want want to put 4 in it just because . I have a world class luthier that is REALLY nice and does work for me, he generally charges waaay more but I been giving him money for 20 plus years so I get a little discount. Looking at those schematics hurts my brain , oh wait that means I am thinking ? Awful lot of stuff to put into a guitar , you sure you want to be that busy while you play controlling all that stuff?
            Originally posted by Oinkus
            I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
              At least 2 batteries might want want to put 4 in it just because . I have a world class luthier that is REALLY nice and does work for me, he generally charges waaay more but I been giving him money for 20 plus years so I get a little discount. Looking at those schematics hurts my brain , oh wait that means I am thinking ? Awful lot of stuff to put into a guitar , you sure you want to be that busy while you play controlling all that stuff?
              Once in place it would be rather easy to control as it would utilize a 5 way switch, The only addition would be two switches for active\passive and single/humbucker.

because the neck simulator works off the bridge pickup it means i would essentially have an infinite amount of option when coupled with the shadow eq5...

Comment

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
                To kramersteen,
                I absolutely mean NO disrespect at all, but I can't help but notice your pictures of your guitars. So are those things you built but had someone else wire up? Or are all those cool looking guitars you had someone else make for you?
                That much work would seem that if you were the maker of all that, a pot re-wire would be a walk in the park, a quick walk. Again, NO DISRESPECT INTENDED, just mighty curious.
                Steve Buffington
                In your face DUDEMAR! I did it and the operati9on was a total success.

Comment

I actually should take a pic of some the wiring this dude did for me. Very neat and perfect.

Comment

damn i really need to clean/paint around the edges of this cavity, The magnets are rusting also which is a bit of a shame.

This is my job, Not so neat but its an improvement.

Comment

And this is the shielding paint i used. Seems like good stuff.
                      http://www.aqua-audio.com/paint.php

And in that link i just noticed ''Connect a grounding wire using a screw to any point of the coated area.'' SHould i do that?

Forget that i just did it
                      Last edited by kramersteen; 06-07-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

To Kramersteen,
                        I absolutely meant just the pot thing only. If you got any idea I am not respectful of your work with building guitars let me tell you I think your work looks absolutely fabulous, seriously. Forum communication without hearing voice inflection can lead to misunderstandings in a millisecond.. So no, you got all my respect 100% on your skill in all of those areas. I hope I am making myself clear. I always look at your stuff whenever you post. You should never feel offended for any reason. From anyone. Not here, especially not from me.
                        Respect,
                        Steve Buffington.
                        Last edited by SJ318; 06-07-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
                          To Kramersteen,
                          I absolutely meant just the pot thing only. If you got any idea I am not respectful of your work with building guitars let me tell you I think your work looks absolutely fabulous, seriously. Forum communication without hearing voice inflection can lead to misunderstandings in a millisecond.. So no, you got all my respect 100% on your skill in all of those areas. I hope I am making myself clear. I always look at your stuff whenever you post. You should never feel offended for any reason. From anyone. Not here, especially not from me.
                          Respect,
                          Steve Buffington.
                          Thanks man, The truth is i **** up all the time. haha but thats the only way to learn.

Comment

Working...
                          X