banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Can someone identify these single coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Can someone identify these single coils?

Seller claims the whole thing is from a Mia strat. Mexican body, mighty mite neck. What do you guys think? Worth checking out for a decent price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Help! Can someone identify these single coils?

The only thing I can say is that those pickups look like OEM's with Alnico magnets. If they are from a MIA strat it doesn't mean they are any good.

Comment

It's alright, I would have settled for an all made in Mexico strat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are definitely Fender bobbins.

However, I thought the bridge pickups from the AmSeries/AmStd sets had two large-head screws screwed into the bottom of the bobbins and different color hot wires depending on the position. Makes me think that maybe those are a Tex Mex set.
        Nope...

Comment

Those bobbins are found on several models, including the Tex Mex, but those are NOT Tex Mex pickups. Fender uses different winds depending on the application. Chances are, those are regular American Standard pickups. I sold a set just like those not too long ago. I remember the middle and neck measuring between 5.7K and 5.9K, but there's really nothing else to differentiate them. The Tex Mex set uses different color leads for each position. Some American Standards have black/white leads on 2 of the pickups and yellow/black on the other. Also, for a couple years, the bridge pickup had 2 screws placed between the outer poles on the bottom of the pickup, but most years did not.

Comment

Working...
          X