Vitamin Q 0.022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vitamin Q 0.022

Does anyone around here actually play guitar anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      Does anyone around here actually play guitar anymore?
      I just buy them so I can sound like an expert. And the I go in and play the opening lick to Sweet Home Alabama once a week so I can stay legit.

Sent from my armored space station via iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess you could call it playing , a few min here and there daily but not the all day and night 18ish hours a day of my youthful stupidity time.
        Originally posted by Oinkus
        I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
          I'm not arguing, nor did I attack Drex.
          Your quotes say nothing about PIO being better than Ceramic.
          Sigh. Really? OK, let's go through this:

I have a polyester film cap sprague 0.22 a ceramic disk cap (RadioShack) 0.022 and a Russian NOS PIO 0.022 and a Vitamin Q nos pio and I can almost promise you everyone here will pick the Vitamin Q
          Why would we pick the Vitamin Q unless it was better than the others? This post, unless there is some other reason, claims that Vitamin Q caps are superior.

I would throw out the ceramic disc. Any of the others, as long as the value was in tolerance would be just fine.
          Again, making the fair assumption that the reason we would keep or throw away capacitors is due to their relative superioirity/inferiority, then throwing away the ceramic disc implies that it is worse than the others. If it is worse than all the others, it is worse than the PIO cap, which means the PIO is better.

All my guitars have Sprague Vitamin Q caps. [...] I sleep fine at night knowing my guitars have the best parts in them
          If Vitamin Q are the best parts, then they are by definition better than ceramic discs.

It doesn't take much stretching, really, just a bit of reading comprehension.

Your suggestion of inference is an unsubstatiated conjecture.
          Lotta big words! I think you mean "implication" rather than "inference" though.

Drex didn't say that at all. He said he didn't think they were worth paying more for.
          Yeah, I know that, but you came back with "So cheap and nasty components are the only reliable path to follow?", and then, regarding the 805: "I hope it didn't have any of those expensive caps and other bits in there. It might ruin your sound." So yeah, either you weren't being sarcastic, or you were suggesting that DreX considers cheap parts superior (or more expensive parts inferior) - a straw man. If you weren't arguing, and you weren't attacking DreX, then what was the purpose of those two posts? Ohh, I know: "it was a joke", of course. The get-out-of-jail-free card of internet forums.

If you don't call what you're doing "arguing", then fine. Discussing. I note that you completely ignored my post where I suggested linking to a piece of valid evidence, preferring instead to pick semantic holes in my posts. Because, as Internet Rules say: if you can prove that someone is wrong about anything, however unrelated to the topic being discussed, then you've proved them wrong in their main point too. Because it's impossible to be right about one thing and wrong about something else.
          Last edited by jumble jumble; 07-22-2014, 07:39 AM.

Comment

you and DreX should get a room

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
              Would it be padded? [emoji6]

Sent from my armored space station via iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
                Surely a lab?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble jumble View Post
                  Surely a lab?
                  yeah you're right, i wouldn't call any relations between you and Drex anything resembling love, sexual attraction or anything remotely emotional or human. More like a horrifying, bizarre example of catastrophic genetic malpractice.

Comment

OK, struggling to find a witty comeback to that one. You don't actually know anything about my capacity for emotion, you know.

Comment

Sigh. Really? OK, let's go through this:

I have a polyester film cap sprague 0.22 a ceramic disk cap (RadioShack) 0.022 and a Russian NOS PIO 0.022 and a Vitamin Q nos pio and I can almost promise you everyone here will pick the Vitamin Q
                      Why would we pick the Vitamin Q unless it was better than the others? This post, unless there is some other reason, claims that Vitamin Q caps are superior.

I would throw out the ceramic disc. Any of the others, as long as the value was in tolerance would be just fine.
                      Again, making the fair assumption that the reason we would keep or throw away capacitors is due to their relative superioirity/inferiority, then throwing away the ceramic disc implies that it is worse than the others. If it is worse than all the others, it is worse than the PIO cap, which means the PIO is better.

All my guitars have Sprague Vitamin Q caps. [...] I sleep fine at night knowing my guitars have the best parts in them
                      If Vitamin Q are the best parts, then they are by definition better than ceramic discs.

It doesn't take much stretching, really, just a bit of reading comprehension.

Lotta big words! I think you mean "implication" rather than "inference" though.

Yeah, I know that, but you came back with "So cheap and nasty components are the only reliable path to follow?", and then, regarding the 805: "I hope it didn't have any of those expensive caps and other bits in there. It might ruin your sound." So yeah, either you weren't being sarcastic, or you were suggesting that DreX considers cheap parts superior (or more expensive parts inferior) - a straw man. If you weren't arguing, and you weren't attacking DreX, then what was the purpose of those two posts? Ohh, I know: "it was a joke", of course. The get-out-of-jail-free card of internet forums.

If you don't call what you're doing "arguing", then fine. Discussing. I note that you completely ignored my post where I suggested linking to a piece of valid evidence, preferring instead to pick semantic holes in my posts. Because, as Internet Rules say: if you can prove that someone is wrong about anything, however unrelated to the topic being discussed, then you've proved them wrong in their main point too. Because it's impossible to be right about one thing and wrong about something else.
                      Well your doing a fine Straw Man with your misinterpretaion and misrepresentation of other posts.
                      No I meant "inference ".

"So cheap and nasty components are the only reliable path to follow?",
                      He didn't answer me ; I think I'm going to break down and cry !
                      sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                      - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

OK, struggling to find a witty comeback to that one. You don't actually know anything about my capacity for emotion, you know.
                        Is it Ceramic or some other type ?
                        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

OK, guys. You win. It's a long time since someone made a point that addressed the actual topic of the thread. I'm bailing.

I only posted so that you guys are aware: when DreX says something, and you all pile in with your anti-science, pro-ignorance stuff, gradually moving into just insulting him until he shuts up, you haven't won, and you weren't right, and he wasn't the only person that thought like that. It's just that he's the only person with the patience to get into it every time, the only person who can be bothered to take the inevitable insults and somehow keep patiently explaining it. I certainly won't bother again for a while - what's the point? Ain't nobody gonna change their mind.
                          Last edited by jumble jumble; 07-22-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

OK, guys. You win. It's a long time since someone made a point that addressed the actual topic of the thread. I'm bailing.

I only posted so that you guys are aware: when DreX says something, and you all pile in with your anti-science, pro-ignorance stuff, until he shuts up, you haven't won, and you weren't right, and he wasn't the only person that thought like that. It's just that he's the only person with the patience to get into it every time, the only person who can be bothered to take the inevitable insults and somehow keep patiently explaining it. I certainly won't bother again for a while - what's the point? Ain't nobody gonna change their mind.
                            hey!
                            it's not that we're anti-information, we're simply anti-DreX. He's incredibly, overwhelmingly, mind-numblingly argumentative. He's rubbed many, MANY people on the board the wrong way and many of us have actually put him on the forum's weak attempt at ignore.
                            DreX isn't here for friendly conversation like most of us are, he's here to troll what he thinks is the uncivilized prole, when it turns out he's just arguing with people who just don't care enough to worry about it and decide to get in flamewars. I guess it's better than what he was doing at 500 posts, which is belittle people with 50 posts.

I'd like to go into how backhandedly rude and argumentative his posts are, but I'd have to click on them to see them (luckily people quote him, so I can still see those...)

I think I'm gonna go ahead and turn you off too. Have fun hanging out with DreX.
                            Originally posted by Funkfingers
                            Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Lol, I got ignored for... wait, I can't even work out what I just got ignored for! Still, now you will have 0.96 fewer posts to read every day. Man this is a nasty place. Stay classy etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                                hey!
                                it's not that we're anti-information, we're simply anti-DreX. He's incredibly, overwhelmingly, mind-numblingly argumentative. He's rubbed many, MANY people on the board the wrong way and many of us have actually put him on the forum's weak attempt at ignore.
                                Do you want to see irony? This SDUGF sub-group so many of you belong to "The Un-Intelligence Group" https://forum.seymourduncan.com/group.php?groupid=7 has in it's description "If you are insulted easily, then this is not the group for you.", and yet, frankly, you're the most sensitive, quick-to-take-offense people I've ever seen on the internet.

In this, and in a lot of other threads, all I've done is challenged to snake oil salesman over their expensive caps, expensive pots or expensive pedals, and suddenly anyone who ever bought any of those things, who want to believe the snake oil cures all, takes it as a personal insult. Nearly every thread that turns into a flame war like this deals with high cost versus low cost guitar products.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again; I wish SDUGF didn't have an off-topic forum, because it gives people an incentive to stick around who don't have a genuine interest in talking about guitars, but who end up being here anyway. The private groups are an especially bad feature, causing classic ingroup/outgroup high school-like behavior, causing you to defend each other even when you're wrong, and attack others even when they're right.

Comment

Working...
                                X