Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vitamin Q 0.022

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
    This is incredibly ironic. I see far more posts from you talking about irrelevant or inconsequential details of items remotely related to guitars than actual guitars or playing.

jumble, from the standpoint of someone with actual training and experience, I would classify much of what he argues is "science" as pseudo-science. The methodology seldom even approaches the "scientific rigor" referenced in a previous post. Simply conducting an experiment and graphing the results does not make it scientific.
    That's all Monday morning quarter-backing. If you had a problem with my facts/methods/whatever, you could have addressed it at the time. It does no good to say anything about it now, long after the fact, when whatever it is you're talking about is long behind us.

I never promised my measurements were 100% error free, and I've always been honest about that. I'm learning, and sharing my results as I go. I'd love to share more of what I've found out about various guitar products, including various overdrive pedals, bass and Tele pickups, but we all know how that turns out.

Comment

sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
      - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
        I know a) who belongs to the group, and b) the mission statement of the group, which is enough to establish my point.
        No Andrew you do not know who the members are. That listing on the groups page is out of date and inaccurate.

Well if you guys hadn't made it a private forum, then knowing what it's about wouldn't be a problem. New suggestion: no private groups; creates more problems than it solves.
        Also a moot point the UIG is now off campus and no longer visible to anyone outside of the group. That includes memberlists, thread subjects or any private conversations within the group.

why don't you try bringing some of that "respectful discussion" out here into the public forum? The image macros and one liners aren't doing anyone any favors.
        We do try it seem when ever we do someone interjects with some silly micro analysis of a pot with charts and graphs.

I get accused of "rubbing people the wrong way", mostly by members of said group. What does that even mean? Doesn't that just prove my point about your being thin skinned?
        No so wrong. "Accused" means that you are charged with fault. That a decision of guilt of innocence has not been made. I can say with all certainty that you definitely rub members of this forum the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          We do try it seem when ever we do someone interjects with some silly micro analysis of a pot with charts and graphs.

Comment

Why can't we just ignore Drex and not type at him , it is what he wants you to do ?
            Originally posted by Oinkus
            I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
              Why can't we just ignore Drex and not type at him , it is what he wants you to do ?
              We tried.
              Originally posted by Funkfingers
              Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

It's not what he wants us to do, it's what HE wants to do, which is to argue incessantly, with everyone, for no good reason, and have the last word, every time. His personal agenda against the members of a certain private group stems from the fact that those members are some of the few people that confront him on his antagonistic, needlessly argumentative behaviour which involves being pushy while vociferously expressing his holier-than-thou opinions (again, always has to have the last word).

What does he want us to do?
                Probably keep confronting him so he can keep on pushing his victim complex as grounds for "proving" that he is always right.

Comment

The image macros and one liners aren't doing anyone any favors.

Comment

New suggestion: no private groups; creates more problems than it solves.
                    It sounds like you were just pissed that people were dissing you behind your back. Well I've got a lesson for you son - that's life. Are you really going to try to control what people say? They'll just say it somewhere else.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                      We tried.
                      LOL, you can't ignore me. MUST... TYPE... RESPONSE...

MUST.. POST.. AN.. IMAGE MACRO!

Comment

LOL, you can't ignore me. MUST... TYPE... RESPONSE...

MUST.. POST.. AN.. IMAGE MACRO!
                        Hey, Mods....you clearly see that he's trolling, right?
                         Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Many, including li'l ol' me, HAVE directly addressed the methodological errors of your "studies." I choose to not engage with much of the drama here, and lately YOU are the center of most. Hence a dearth of responses from me.

Usually this level of egocentrism is reserved for toddlers. Most of us grow out of it.
                          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Typically I log on in the interest of jocularity. As such I focus my attention on light-hearted discussions, the type which you evidently lack the capacity for participation.

It has been quite awhile since I've encountered someone so contrary and contentious.
                            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ignore.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	5780145
                              Last edited by Securb; 07-22-2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

This thread is no longer about capacitors and should be closed. Everything that was worth saying on the subject was said several pages back.

I've ordered a few capacitors of varying types, and I plan to try out some tests to see if I can find any objective differences.

Comment

Working...
                                X