Emg jh set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emg jh set

Now I have tried emgs before but how do theses compare to the emg 81/60 I Reilly liked the 81/60 but switched to Duncan's. I hear there like passive's?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    "The world is full of kings and queens
    Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
    It's heaven and hell"

Re: Emg jh set

Here ya go bud.

Comment

I've many people love the JH set. Never tried any myself.
      Originally posted by KBliss
      WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
      Originally posted by trevorus
      The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

The JH set is great. Definitely "hot", but no worse than the original SD Blackouts and WAAAAY more dynamic than the original EMG 81/60. They are voiced a tad different than the 81/60, but cover the same musical territory well. The JH bridge is more throaty than the 81, it's punchy and still very "in your face", but not quite as strident. Notes, especially in the midrange, have this complex (dare I say "3D"?) quality that not even the 57/66 set can match. The JH neck largely resembles the 60, but isn't quite as sharp and has a much more passive response to it, which makes it even more versatile in my experience. For maximum versatility, the 57/66 benefits from a little less output and a slightly more vintage voicing. However, if you want an all-out hard rock tone with the benefits of actives and the dynamics of passives, the JH set is hard to beat!

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm looking at getting a set for my sg standard.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
          "The world is full of kings and queens
          Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
          It's heaven and hell"

Comment

They're also not as compressed as the 81/60 set either. Rob Chapman and Lee Anderton did a demo comparing the two sets with a Snakebyte ESP through a Blackstar amp. By far a great comparison video of the two pickup sets.

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
              The JH set is great. Definitely "hot", but no worse than the original SD Blackouts and WAAAAY more dynamic than the original EMG 81/60. They are voiced a tad different than the 81/60, but cover the same musical territory well. The JH bridge is more throaty than the 81, it's punchy and still very "in your face", but not quite as strident. Notes, especially in the midrange, have this complex (dare I say "3D"?) quality that not even the 57/66 set can match. The JH neck largely resembles the 60, but isn't quite as sharp and has a much more passive response to it, which makes it even more versatile in my experience. For maximum versatility, the 57/66 benefits from a little less output and a slightly more vintage voicing. However, if you want an all-out hard rock tone with the benefits of actives and the dynamics of passives, the JH set is hard to beat!
              THis pretty much nails it apart from the fact that in the same guitar I found the JH set to be a little hotter than the 81/60 and the 57/66 more so than the het set.

All three sets are fantastic but the JH set is the winner for me. I ditched all my bare knuckles for them after being an EMG hater for the past decade.
              Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
              WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
              http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Working...
              X