Clear All

Re: Please, post a picture of a Spin-A-Split circuit

Look if this is what you asked for...

Click image for larger version

Name:	LtKojak_-_Semi-hollow_1V1T.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	5780851

Note: if you wanted '50s tone mod, just solder the cap's leg to the middle lug of volume pot, instead.
    Last edited by hermetico; 09-13-2014, 05:57 AM.
    My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

Artie, in that diagram you posted, the bridge pup totally bypasses the vol and tone controls. I thought Pepe wanted a master vol and tone.

If Pepe already has an "extra" vol and tone pot available that he's not using, just use the diagram submitted by Beaubrummels and use one of the extra pots for the split. That's the wiring I've used on my Spin-A-Splits and it works perfectly.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
        Artie, in that diagram you posted, the bridge pup totally bypasses the vol and tone controls. I thought Pepe wanted a master vol and tone.

If Pepe already has an "extra" vol and tone pot available that he's not using, just use the diagram submitted by Beaubrummels and use one of the extra pots for the split. That's the wiring I've used on my Spin-A-Splits and it works perfectly.
        Doc, I think Artie is just pasting a picture corresponding to a part of a diagram of an old guitar, just to illustrate how the spin-a-split with tone was implemented in such a guitar.
        That diagram doesn't corresponds to what LtKojak was asking for. Only the spin-a-split with tone thing is for "re-usabilty".

Comment

Originally posted by hermetico View Post
          Doc, I think Artie is just pasting a picture corresponding to a part of a diagram of an old guitar, just to illustrate how the spin-a-split with tone was implemented in such a guitar.
          That diagram doesn't corresponds to what LtKojak was asking for. Only the spin-a-split with tone thing is for "re-usabilty".
          Exactly.

But I think Beaubrummels diagram does what he needs perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            Exactly.

But I think Beaubrummels diagram does what he needs perfectly.
            Well, maybe I've understood it wrong but, I had the impression that LtKojak has just TWO pots, master volumen and master tone and, he was to implement the spin-a-Split in that master tone. No additional pots.
            Well, at least he can do one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by hermetico View Post
              Well, maybe I've understood it wrong but, I had the impression that LtKojak has just TWO pots, master volumen and master tone and, he was to implement the spin-a-Split in that master tone. No additional pots.
              Well, at least he can do one or the other.
              I had to re-read it again myself to get it. Look at Kojak's post #12. He has a 2-vol/2-tone guitar, but he's only using master V/T. So he has two "spare" pots. He's going to implement one for spin-a-split.

Edit: And LTJ; Let us know how this works out. I've got a 2-vol, 1-tone guitar I might try this with.
              Last edited by ArtieToo; 09-14-2014, 05:43 AM.

Comment

I had to re-read it again myself to get it. Look at Kojak's post #12. He has a 2-vol/2-tone guitar, but he's only using master V/T. So he has two "spare" pots. He's going to implement one for spin-a-split.

Edit: And LTJ; Let us know how this works out. I've got a 2-vol, 1-tone guitar I might try this with.
                Darn right. I've re-read post #12!!!.
                Thanks, bro.

Comment

So, can somebody confirm the feasibility of the Beaubrummel's diagram?

What coil is the SAS pot using?

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                    So, can somebody confirm the feasibility of the Beaubrummel's diagram?

What coil is the SAS pot using?
                    Screw coil. If you want the slug, you would have to send the red/white to neck hot instead of to ground.
                    Last edited by beaubrummels; 09-14-2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                      Screw coil. If you want the slug, you would have to send the red/white to neck hot instead of to ground.
                      Sorry Beau, but you've got this backwards. R/W to ground is the slug coil as the slug coil is the black and white wires. (On both neck and bridge models.)

So . . . your diagram is perfect, just as it's drawn.

Comment

^ +1.
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Sorry Beau, but you've got this backwards. R/W to ground is the slug coil as the slug coil is the black and white wires. (On both neck and bridge models.)

Yeah, sorry. Forgot we're talking about the neck and I just looked at the picture and remembered SD's wire color order - forgetting that the SD diagram was as seen on a bridge pickup where the screws were at the bottom.

Comment

Right then!

I'll save it and I'll make an illustrated series of this particular harness once life doesn't get in my way again!

Many thanks to Beaubrummels to the drawing of such a nice and clear diagram, so even low-level, carbon-based lifeforms as myself can follow the design!

It's not going to be made before mid-october... but after that I'll have a quite window in my day job so I can put my mittens in motion with it. I don't even need to buy material for it; I have everything I need in stock.

Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                            X