Hot Rod The Rev!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod The Rev!

About a month ago, I received a sweet Reverend Buckshot on a trade deal. If you're not familiar with Reverend guitars, you're missing out! Even though they are no longer made in the USA, the Korean Imports are really nice. All Korina body and Korina neck, pin-lock tuners, and a proprietary Bass Contour control. This particular model is loosely based upon a Telecaster that is the closest production guitar you'll find on the market that resembles Seymour Duncan's Telecaster/Les Paul Hybrid. The Buckshot has has a Tele control plate and Tele bridge pickup configuration. However, this model features the neck pickup as a mini-Filtron type "Revtron" humbucker which in my opinion, sounds fantastic. However, I find when the neck pickup is compared with the bridge pickup, I find the bridge lacking in output volume. I took the guitar into my favorite local shop, bought a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack Tele Bridge pickup and a 4 way control switch. My hopes is not to only increase the bridge output, but to add in more tones by allowing the bridge and neck pickups to work in series or parallel. I think is a rather cool idea. Noise cancellation is just an added bonus.

Re: Hot Rod The Rev!

I think you will love the 4-way!!
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Re: Hot Rod The Rev!

I've always felt that the bridge should be higher in output than the neck.

Comment

Working...
      X