• Show
Clear All

• Re: Saturday Night Special

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
    any more updates on the questions?
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Nope
    Really?

What a shocker... like you thought that's ever going to happen, Darth...

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
      Really?

What a shocker... like you thought that's ever going to happen, Darth...

why not, Pepe?

Comment

That would mean the admission of a mistake being made.

So forget it. It's never going to happen.

Don't forget the golden rule of Corporate Governance: admit nothing, deny everything, make counteraccusations"

Sound familiar?
        Last edited by LtKojak; 11-02-2016, 05:10 AM.

Comment

maybe it was just an honest mistake, as if it was never made on the Leesona machine as first advertised on the website... so they changed it to be correct.

Comment

Yeah, I am doubting that there is this mass conspiracy to hide how it is made. Maybe they changed how the production was done, or the website people were going off old info. The pickups sound good to me, and have been getting good reviews- the specs seem to be at a place that there wasn't a lot of pickups there.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Lots of speculation but no response from the source.

Like... remember June 2015? The word website rings a bell?

Did they say or did anything about it? Did somebody take reponsability?

The answer is always the same: "forget it. It's never going to happen".

Your Honor, I rest my case.

Comment

Mincer: Holy cow just end this already. Pick up the phone and call, or email, or text someone in Santa Barbara and say "are the Saturday Night Specials ALL wound on the Leesona?" You could end this back and forth in under 10 minutes. If you don't think the engineers or product people can answer definitively, then ask the operator for the VP of OPs. Tell him Frank told you to call him.

If the Cubs can win the World Series, you can help these customers determine whether the original Leesona claim is (still) true. I believe in you! Follow your dreams! Achieve your goals!!!!

Comment

Hi guys, I'd like to hopefully help answer some questions regarding the Saturday Night Special pickups.

The SNS bridge is wound on our Leesona machine, which is why the Leesona was originally included in our description of the set. The neck pickup however is not, and we felt that the way the copy was phrased was incorrect and misleading. That's why we removed the reference to the Leesona.

Comment

Riley, that means that the neck is wound with poly wire and the bridge with PE?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
                      Mincer: Holy cow just end this already. Pick up the phone and call, or email, or text someone in Santa Barbara and say "are the Saturday Night Specials ALL wound on the Leesona?" You could end this back and forth in under 10 minutes. If you don't think the engineers or product people can answer definitively, then ask the operator for the VP of OPs. Tell him Frank told you to call him.

If the Cubs can win the World Series, you can help these customers determine whether the original Leesona claim is (still) true. I believe in you! Follow your dreams! Achieve your goals!!!!
                      What makes you think I hadn't already? Give me some credit.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Hey Pepe, we don't typically give out wire type info for our pickup designs, but you can probably come to the correct conclusion based on the information out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Riley View Post
                          Hey Pepe, we don't typically give out wire type info for our pickup designs, but you can probably come to the correct conclusion based on the information out there.
                          Do you mean like buy one, rip it open and look?
                          Last edited by thanaton; 11-04-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I probably wouldn't recommend that, but that would be one way I suppose. There's some relevant discussion on page 6 of this thread. As Frank mentioned, you can see the color of the wire through the drain hole in the bobbins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              What makes you think I hadn't already? Give me some credit.
                              Hah! All in good fun my friend. I know you're fighting the good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Riley View Post
                                I probably wouldn't recommend that, but that would be one way I suppose. There's some relevant discussion on page 6 of this thread. As Frank mentioned, you can see the color of the wire through the drain hole in the bobbins.
                                That's a fine idea. I hadn't though of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X