• Show
Clear All

• Re: Saturday Night Special

I feed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by thanaton View Post
      I feed on it.
      As a service to the world, please feed out of your refrigerator, rather than Duncan threads.

Comment

Please don't derail this thread. You might not like my opinion on the Leesona winder controversy, but it is on topic.

Comment

I think the key word here is "controversy."

As in I doubt there is one, and even if there were it would be pretty trivial, don't you think? Let's face it... how much evil could possibly befall the world because of it?

Perhaps you could stop trying to derail this thread as well... everyone would really appreciate it I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by The Commodores?
          "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

What this thread really needs is to be on the business end of a Saturday Night Special.

Comment

I never took it more than 'made on the machine that used to make them back in the day'. I never thought that translated into 'better'. It is a cool fact, though, but unlikely to sway sales (to me) or sound.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That's the way I viewed it too. Sort of like how makers of balsamic vinegar transfer a spoonful of vinegar from one vat to another over hundreds of years, so it always has a bit of the past in it. Doesn't make much of a technical difference, but carries on tradition. Maybe a little historic "mojo". Using the same machine that wound originals is much the same. A bit of tradition and history imbued into the pickup.
                Gibson R9 Lemon|Gibson SG Std|Fender 59 AmVint 3TB/AmStd Strat 3TB/MIM Strat Agave Blue|82 Squier JV '57 Strat 2TB|Epi LP Trans Cherry 50s wiring/vint Bees/SD CS WLH|Cort M600 59-Cust Hybrid+Jazz|Harley Benton RB-612CS|Rosewood Tele|Kramer Ferrington
                Marshall JCM 2000 50w/DSL40c V30/Lead 100 MOSFET/1960a GB/Lead 12|Fender Blues Deluxe RI|Vox AC15C1/Pathfinder 15R|Laney Cub 15 head|Orange Micro Terror|BOSS Katana 100|Peavey Bandit|Orange Crush 15R

Comment

Well, with the vinegar, that spoonful contains some of the bacteria that makes the vinegar, so it's more than symbolic. It's the same as saving a little bit of sourdough to use as the starter for the next batch.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

there is plenty of info about this out there but the lessona machine lays wire down a certain way and when you dial the coil size down so its 1/4" to fit the bobbin its running at pretty much at its limit so is a little less predictable. does that mean you couldnt program a modern machine to lay the wire down exactly as the lessona does? no, but its cooler to do it on the old machine.

Comment

Please don't derail this thread. You might not like my opinion on the Leesona winder controversy, but it is on topic.
                      Oh please...you derailed the thread. Start a thread on the winder if you're so concerned.
                      Last edited by Laughing Kookaburra; 10-25-2016, 03:48 PM.

Comment

That played out three days ago. Welcome to the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
                          I thought of the AC/DC song.
                          I was thinking Lynyrd Skynyrd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That played out three days ago. Welcome to the future.
                            Aren't you supposed to be trolling on a political website?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I have not heard anything, but I can try to find out.

any more updates on the questions?

thanks for your effort, Mincer

Comment

Nope, but sometimes customers get a quicker response than I do..haha!
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X