X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Saturday Night Special

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
    Hey, anyone know why all of a sudden all mention of the Leesona seems to have disappeared from the SNS ads? Very peculiar!

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by thanaton View Post
      You can't say "due to the tolerance variation in how the travel traverse works, it seems to make the tone round", because there is no causal link there.

You could say "there is a tolerance variation in how the travel traverse works, and pickups wound with this machine also have what we call a 'round' tone", which more accurately states correlation, but of course that's a much weaker, ineffective statement, from a marketing standpoint.
      Speaking of word soup, I could eat a can of alphaghetti and s*** out a better argument than this.

Comment

You can't say.....because...

You could say...
        Then either start a pickup company, or a marketing company, and show 'em how it's done! Good luck, from the way you make it sound, you'll put everybody out of business!

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post
          Speaking of word soup, I could eat a can of alphaghetti and s*** out a better argument than this.
          Be my guest.

Comment

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
            Then either start a pickup company, or a marketing company, and show 'em how it's done! Good luck, from the way you make it sound, you'll put everybody out of business!
            I would lie my *** off. There would be nobody to stop me. The govt. is too busy regulating things that actually matter. It's money on the table.

Comment

My neighbour said that a dash of paprika made his burgers more "zingy". I told him that you could neither define nor quantify "zinginess", and even if his burgers were zingy it was only a correlation to the presence of paprika. He couldn't prove the paprika caused the zing.

My wife says my behaviour is why we never get invited anywhere anymore. I said at best there was a correlation between our lack of invitations and my behaviour.

She served me with divorce papers yesterday. Again, at best a correlation.

Comment

I would lie my *** off. There would be nobody to stop me.

Customers have a way of affecting sales numbers when they figure out the truth of such a situation.

Comment

I would lie my *** off. There would be nobody to stop me
                  So, you slay p'up makers blatantly accusing'em of fraud and deceit without having any tangible proof, but by own admission, if you were in their shoes you would fraud and deceit even worse AND with intention?

You're despicable. No emoticon.
                  Last edited by LtKojak; 10-17-2016, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Seriously? WTF this thread.
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                      Seriously? WTF this thread.
                      no joke.

just some people waiting on some clarification on how the Leesona is/was marketed for the SNS and someone with an apparent trend of derailing threads shows up to complain about "round".

Comment

I would lie my *** off. There would be nobody to stop me. The govt. is too busy regulating things that actually matter. It's money on the table.
                        Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                        So, you slay p'up makers blatantly accusing'em of fraud and deceit without having any tangible proof, but by own admission, if you were in their shoes you would fraud and deceit even worse AND with intention?
                        Well let's assume he was joking. But many jokes contain trace amounts of truth. And thus validates my earlier rant about projection. If you're someone who would lie to make a sale, then everyone else must be, too. If you're honest; if you can't imagine yourself saying something that wasn't true in order to sell your product, then you assume others will be that way too, and it's disappointing to find out otherwise.

We project our baggage onto the situation plain and simple. Cheaters often are suspicious that their spouses/dates are cheating on them. If you're a liar, you look for the lies. I'm not saying thanaton is a callous liar, but maybe he works/worked for a company that told blatant marketing lies about product he worked on? Maybe he always wanted a Red Rider BB gun and later realized it was a cheap toy.

I'm jaded because I have seen things first-hand in my career that revealed hypocrisy all throughout the musical instrument industry. No, I won't name names, but on a very small, benign scale I will say the first time it hit me was when my eyes glazed over a certain ad in a guitar magazine about a product's value, features, etc and I REALLY thought the company cared about my hard earned money. Then later I would see a similar ad in the music trade magazines but the headline was "highest profit margin for dealers!!" or something that showed me the two-faced nature of product marketing.

But rather than make me think everyone is this way, instead it made me able to better discern who was genuine, and who was just out to make a buck. The wrong way to be, in my humble opinion, is to assume everyone's lying until proven true; everyone's cheating until proven faithful, etc. I don't want to go through life that way.

Comment

I am cool with a further discussion of the relevance of marketing, deceit, and the distrust of consumers, but not so sure it belongs in this thread. Start another one, please.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

hey Mincer, thanks for getting the thread back on the topic of the Saturday Night Special.

I'd like to go back to post #169 where I asked if there might be some clarification available on the Saturday Night Special and the Leesona.

thanks

Comment

I have not heard anything, but I can try to find out.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
                                The name made me smile, but given my username (no, it's not a heroin reference), it shouldn't be a surprise.

I thought of the AC/DC song.

Comment

Working...
                                X