C-5/JB Hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-5/JB Hybrid

Has anyone tried making one of these? Theres something in the back of my mind telling me this is a good idea and that i have to make one. Usually when this happens it turns out that i love it cause this has to happened to me before with pickups, pedals, amps etc.

If anyone has made one or heard a clip of one of these hybrids in action id appreciate you thoughts on it cause im probably gonna go for it if i hear good words bout it.

Re: C-5/JB Hybrid

This would be cool, as a simple magnet swap would give you a C5/JB, Custom/Distortion, or CC/Alan Holdsworth... hmm... .
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

If i go ahead with it ill buy a JB and a CC so that i have an alnico 2 and 5 magnet to compare them.

Comment

Let me know if you need a ceramic. I've got tons of sh*t stock pickups to rob one from
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Thanks for the offer but i dont think its worth sending just a ceramic magnet all the way from the states to australia. Ill research and find a place where i can get some magnets. Did you know theres Alnico 8 magnets? Seymour Duncans website talks bout them when he lists all the different magnet types though he doesnt give any description of what they sound like. I wouldnt mind getting one and trying it out.

Comment

I have made a Custom/JB Hybrid and it is a great pickup... I liked it best with the A5 magnet, although it did sound very good with the the Ceramic from a Custom as well... very George Lynch sounding! Actually, I am going to fire up the lab and make some Hybrids in the next week because I want to put some in a new/old Kramer I have...

I will make some extras and offer them for sale here on the board for a good price...
            Nobody will buy them and there will be a few tirekickers...
            I'll put them on eBay and they will sell for more than I offered them here... the last one sold in just over 1 hour...
            Then I'll get PM's asking me about how to get one...
            Same cycle as usual

Example... https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...ghlight=hybrid
            Last edited by BachToRock; 03-04-2005, 07:16 AM.
            GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

Working...
            X