Changing over to an HS Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing over to an HS Strat

No, that's not a typo. I'm thinking about changing my Texas Special Strat (surf pearl, alder body with 1-piece maple neck) over to a HB (trembucker) in the bridge and a Strat SC at the neck -- no middle pickup. I'm also considering a Phat Cat or SM-1 or SM-3 at the neck like I have on some Teles, but I'd like to hear some opinions about Strat neck pickup (vintage or noiseless) and bridge HB combos.

I have a spare SSL-1 here, so I could start with that and a 59 TB, but I wouldn't mind a noiseless solution at the neck and a HB that sounds like a fat, overwound Tele pickup. I play primarily blues and blues-based rock material through vintage Fender (BF) and Gibson (tweed) amps (plus an EL84 15 watter for good measure).

Re: Changing over to an HS Strat

bump - anyone able to help?

maybe a lil 59 in the neck to go with a 59 b?

just a thought

good luck
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Yet another opportunity for me to spout off about my new favorite combo . . .

Quarter Pound, or maybe an SSL-6, "tapped", with a C5 at the bridge.
      Killer combo. (At least, from my amatuer point of view.)

Comment

i wouldn't call you amatuer, Artie
        -Greg

Guitars:
        2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
        2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
        2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
        Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Working...
        X