Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Duncans use Butyrate bobbins?

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
    You can do either, topwrap or raise. Certainly the look is more ugly with a tailpieces raised up to the heavens. The result at the bridge end is the same, it's just some people get annoyed for no reason when others do it......they seem to use it as a vehicle to complain about one thing or other.
    And the tailpieces as it was designed was most certainly designed to topwrap......as it was a bridge/tailpieces in one originally. The only difference in construction when it became a tailpieces alone was the lack of grubscrews.
    Not only did it serve this function in 54, but SGs and Firebirds also used them as bridges by themselves......of course with the lightningbolt version.
    Yep. I was thinking bridge and tailpiece as one block, like in junior gibson. Like I said I haven't played that much with LP style guitars...
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
      You can do either, topwrap or raise. Certainly the look is more ugly with a tailpieces raised up to the heavens..
      Top wrapping is ugly. It’s like the person doesn’t know how to string a guitar. Same person will have a million wraps around the tuning posts going the wrong way. [emoji23]

You can leave the tailpiece the way it came from the factory. They know how to set it up.

With top wrapping people are screwing the tailpiece all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ You do seem to have this penchant for confusing personal opinion with fact.

I'd list the number of logical fallacies in the above post, but it might go past the word count limit for this forum.........best for you to simply to keep quiet - that is if you want to maintain credibility

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
          Top wrapping is ugly. It’s like the person doesn’t know how to string a guitar. Same person will have a million wraps around the tuning posts going the wrong way. [emoji23]

You can leave the tailpiece the way it came from the factory. They know how to set it up.

With top wrapping people are screwing the tailpiece all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          See, thankfully I've never been of a mind to give a single **** what people think of my teching when they look at my guitars' bridges.

I guess I consider myself blessed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Myaccount876
          Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

as long as the strings arent hitting the back edge of the bridge then i dont think its too low. too high means not enough down pressure on the saddles to keep the strings in place which makes it just a bit hard to play

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post

Some assumptions there. I top wrap and am meticulous about how I wrap & trim the string ends on the tuner posts. As for factory set ups, I don't count on factories for neck relief, string height, PU height, or string gauge, as they're going for a one-size-fits-all approach. Considering the wide variety of players and genres using their guitars, that's all they can do. That's why what they do with strings isn't of interest to me. It's like buying one-size-fits-all gloves: they'll be tolerable for the largest number of people, but for how many are they actually the right size?
              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
              X