A Questionable Seth Lover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Questionable Seth Lover?

Ok so this is probably a dumb question but I wanted to ask before I go on the warpath. I've been in the process of upgrading the pickups of a number of my guitars and I got purchased a used "Seth Lover" neck pickup from someone on Reverb. I just took it out to install and on the back it has a G&L logo! Is there a way this could be a Seth?

Here are 2 photos of the back:

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080368.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	5852769

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080367.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	5852770

Re: A Questionable Seth Lover?

No. Next time, don’t buy without seeing a picture of the base plate.

Can you post a link to the ad?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Ugh. Sorry man.

Comment

The original G&L ASAT Bluesboy featured a Seth Lover in the neck. A few years ago, they dropped the Seth for a "clone" designed by their pickup guru Paul Gagnon.

If this is one of those, it should be VERY close to the Duncan original, and a pretty decent pickup.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

A Questionable Seth Lover?

Ok just read boogie bills answer. Deleting my comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
            The original G&L ASAT Bluesboy featured a Seth Lover in the neck. A few years ago, they dropped the Seth for a "clone" designed by their pickup guru Paul Gagnon.

If this is one of those, it should be VERY close to the Duncan original, and a pretty decent pickup.

Bill
            Even if so, these aren't Seths, and what you were sold wasn't what you got. Are these pics from the original ad?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
              No. Next time, don’t buy without seeing a picture of the base plate.

Can you post a link to the ad?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Even if so, these aren't Seths, and what you were sold wasn't what you got. Are these pics from the original ad?
                No. I took these.

Comment

You need to get your Money back.

/Peter
                  Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
                  Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Regardless of what came in a G&L, that’s clearly not what was advertised.
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

If that’s the ad, I shouldn’t have deleted my comment. That’s total misappropriation of a brand and false advertising. If you choose to keep it, you should at least lodge a strong complaint.

Comment

Yeah, I think maybe even you got the wrong package? Maybe the Seth ended up with someone else who won the G&L pickup. I wonder if he had 2 pickups for sale and the packages got mixed up.

Comment

False advertising for sure. I'm inclined to believe that the seller intentionally didn't include a pic of the baseplate.

That said, here's one of his listings from a couple years ago...talks about the G&L neck pickup he swapped out:

Barely Used 2-wire, Seymour Duncan Seth Lover 55n neck humbucker.I replaced the stock neck humbucker in my G&L ASAT which was weak with this for a better PAF sound. I pulled it after only playing it a dozen times. This has the 2-wire and I need the four wire version form my set up. Bought th...

Guessing that's when the switch happened and *maybe* he forgot about it. Although, that baseplate seems impossible to miss/mistake as a Duncan, so I'm still suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                            False advertising for sure. I'm inclined to believe that the seller intentionally didn't include a pic of the baseplate.

That said, here's one of his listings from a couple years ago...talks about the G&L neck pickup he swapped out:

Barely Used 2-wire, Seymour Duncan Seth Lover 55n neck humbucker.I replaced the stock neck humbucker in my G&L ASAT which was weak with this for a better PAF sound. I pulled it after only playing it a dozen times. This has the 2-wire and I need the four wire version form my set up. Bought th...

Guessing that's when the switch happened and *maybe* he forgot about it. Although, that baseplate seems impossible to miss/mistake as a Duncan, so I'm still suspicious.
                            Yeah, perhaps. But the first step is contact the seller with this link, a link to this forum topic, and offer some sort of solution. Threaten to take it higher if he doesn't go for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X