Gibson Super 57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Super 57

The Gibson Super 57 pickup(Gibson’s 4 conductor version of the Gibson 57 Classic Plus)it seems that the Super 57 has more gain then the 57 classic plus it’s more open and bright with more push.I compared it to the Duncan 59 and some boutique high priced PAFs and I Like it much better. I also compared it to the Duncan 78 and I like the Super 57 much better it had more cut/edge then the 78, more open and loud, anyway excellent pickup.
    Last edited by pittbull; 02-13-2020, 08:29 AM.

Re: Gibson Super 57

they are like 8.9k alnico 2 4 cond pups as far as i know. some people love em

Comment

I've got one in a Les Paul Trad Pro II, I love it, it's the first time i had a Gibson pickup that i didn't want to rip out of the guitar.
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

I’ve been though a lot of PAF type pickups and the Gibson Super 57 is a keeper. Gibson should wind this Pickup for Edward Van Halen, it’s a bad ass pickup......

Comment

I have the 57 classics and + in my Epi LP and love them. They just flat out rock ! They deliver what they’re designed to give you in spades.

Comment

https://youtu.be/mP8MopeZULo. (Gibson Super 57) 4 conductor version of the 57 classic plus
            Last edited by pittbull; 03-12-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I've got a Super 57 (stock) in the bridge of my 2017 ES-335, and as mentioned, it's fantastic for gain.

Sounds great clean as well.

Comment

Is 4-conductor wiring really the only difference between the Super 57 and the 57 Classic Plus?
                Somehow I was under the impression that they had different winds.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

4 conductor is the only difference

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
                    (Gibson Super 57) 4 conductor version of the 57 classic plus
                    May I ask you where did you get this info?

/Peter
                    Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
                    Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Gibson

Comment

Gibson
                        Doubt it.

There's some conflicting information out there, but, by most accounts, the Super 57 is actually a slightly overwound 57 Classic Plus, so not the same. I believe there were official specs posted briefly that showed the Plus at 8.3K or so and the Super at 8.7K.

A respected Gibson forum member posted this:

The Super 57 is the 4 conductor coil/tapable version of the Classic Plus with more winds/coil...The Classic has 5250 winds/coil, the Classic Plus has 5400 winds/coil and the Super has 5750 winds/coil.
                        Plus, you said this in your first post:

...the Super 57 has more gain then the 57 classic plus...more open and loud
                        4-conductor wiring alone doesn't change the tone and output of a pickup.
                        Last edited by Masta' C; 03-14-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Gibson made a four conductor version of there 57 Classic pickups so they made the 57 classic plus the four conductor version with a couple extra winds this was explained to me by a Gibson tech and also someone I know in the Gibson Custom shop

Comment

Gibson 57 classic plus 5400 winds Gibson Super 57(4 conductor version) 5750 winds

Comment

Yah, I thought the winds weren't identical.
                              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                              X