What happened to the Quater Pound staggered pickups , not on website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Quater Pound staggered pickups , not on website

Looking for a set of Quarter Pound Staggered pickups for a future SSS project and I went online and they are not listed on the Duncan website .
    Did they stop offering them or is it a CS order only now ?

Re: What happened to the Quater Pound staggered pickups , not on website

Comment

Thanks , would like to buy a balanced set if possible .

Comment

there is no "balanced" set of qp strat pups. there is the ssl7 and the ssl7 rw/rp. no hotter bridge or less hot neck. i cant imagine it was removed from the production line up, i assume it was an oversight with the new website

Comment

I didn't think there was a set available, either. What is the model name for that? Where are you seeing this offered?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I swear I remember those too. It would be a shame if they were discontinued, as I like the 1/4 Lb. line, and I like staggered pickups.

It's also a shame that they don't offer a staggered 1/4 Lb. pickup for slab style P Basses. I had the flat poled one in my extra long scale slab P, but the volume balance was so awful that I ditched it and installed a staggered repro style pickup instead (Mojo Tone).
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

SOme apce-time warpage can also take care of that. If you can't stagger the pickup poles - stagger the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                there is no "balanced" set of qp strat pups. there is the ssl7 and the ssl7 rw/rp. no hotter bridge or less hot neck. i cant imagine it was removed from the production line up, i assume it was an oversight with the new website
                Yes , they are back on the new web site now , a calibrated set .
                Outfitted with quarter-inch alnico 5 rod magnets, these high output Strat pickups deliver that huge Ritchie Blackmore Strat.

Comment

Huh?

DCR:
                  Neck: 12.37k, Middle: 12.87k, Bridge: 13.4k

I've never heard of calibrated QP's before either.
                  "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                  Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                    Huh?

DCR:
                    Neck: 12.37k, Middle: 12.87k, Bridge: 13.4k

I've never heard of calibrated QP's before either.
                    Might be a new thing? I didn't know they made a calibrated set either.
                    Of course, I'd never heard of staggered pole QPs either.
                    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I didn't know about those, either. I do know that things will be appearing on the website that were gone, as they work on it. But this is a new one for me...I really didn't know about a set being available.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                      X