banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just replaced my Dimarzios with 3 Duncans and......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just replaced my Dimarzios with 3 Duncans and......

holy crap is all I can say. Thanks for the suggestions on the pickups too guys. Here's what I did:

Ripped my Dimarzio stacked singles and Humbucker out of my Custom Ibanez S-series. Put in a little '59 neck, cool rails middle, and Distortion bridge. This thing rips now, it's like a new guitar, it can do just about everything. I wired all the buckers in series and put a coil split switch in. All these pickups sound amazing themselves and you can get major beef when combining two humbuckers, I don't use that really but it's neat to have. The lil 59 is not at all as muddy as I thought it would be, it's nice and warm, sounds great clean too, doesn't shine too much when split. The cool rails is one hell of a cool pickup, and split it has a really good single coil sound. The best part is when the coils are split and the 59 and cool rails are combined, sounds just like an awesome strat, quack and all.

only thing I might consider is putting a cool rails in the neck too to replace the '59, but I might not even mess with it because it sounds awesome. I'm just curious how the cool rails would be in the neck now.

Also, when I called my local store to see if they had another cool rails he told me they were all out and kind of hard to find because Duncan is changing the design of these pickups. Anyone know anything about this?

Re: Just replaced my Dimarzios with 3 Duncans and......

good to hear that you like the duncans. i have one question:

how is the lil 59 at doing shred leads? is it nice and smooth?

Comment

Hails XERXES
      DO YOU WANT TO SELL THE DIMARZIO HUMBUCKER?
      WHAT IS THE BRIDGE MODEL?:
      PLEASE PM ME ....
      J.P
      Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
      Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
      Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
      Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
      Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
      Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
        good to hear that you like the duncans. i have one question:

how is the lil 59 at doing shred leads? is it nice and smooth?
        it does it but I'd have to recommend the cool rails for that. The cool rails sustain really well, have great harmonics, and track bended notes great, no volume dropoff all. I don't like the hotrails in any position except the bridge. The cool rails are plenty hot enough. This is just judging from having it in the middle pos. I have yet to try it in the neck but I bet it's smokin
        Last edited by Xeromus; 04-15-2004, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
          it does it but I'd have to recommend the cool rails for that. The cool rails sustain really well, have great harmonics, and track bended notes great, no volume dropoff all. I don't like the hotrails in any position except the neck. The cool rails are plenty hot enough. This is just judging from having it in the middle pos. I have yet to try it in the neck but I bet it's smokin
          thanks, that was pretty helpful. is the cool rails hotter than the lil 59?

Comment

withfulldistortion: Xeromus, not Xerxes, we are two different people. And, I sold it the same day I took it out of the guitar. Put it on ebay, listed it in the trading post and someone snatched it right up. Not a bad pickup at all, just not my taste.

\m/(00)\m/ : it is most definately hotter.

Comment

"I don't like the hotrails in any position except the neck." Crap that was a mistake, I fixed it, I meant bridge. I don't like the hot rails in any position except the bridge.

Comment

The lil59 is slightly hotter and darker than the Cool Rails.

Seymour Duncan is not re-designing diddlysquat. My guess is that your dealer just doesn't want to place a special order for the additional Cool Rails.
                www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
                  The lil59 is slightly hotter and darker than the Cool Rails.

Seymour Duncan is not re-designing diddlysquat. My guess is that your dealer just doesn't want to place a special order for the additional Cool Rails.
                  think it's hotter? weird, I gotta go test it out again. I hope my 5-way switch isn't crapping out. Maybe it's the position they are in, cool rails sounds much hotter.

about the rails: I didn't think so, there really would be no point in changing them. I'm pretty happy with this setup so far so maybe later I'll switch 'em around and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
                    withfulldistortion: Xeromus, not Xerxes, we are two different people. And, I sold it the same day I took it out of the guitar. Put it on ebay, listed it in the trading post and someone snatched it right up. Not a bad pickup at all, just not my taste.

\m/(00)\m/ : it is most definately hotter.
                    aint that the F 2? i heard it was a tone zone but more vintage and clear?

Comment

RG - yeah, that's the one, I just didn't like it

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
                        aint that the F 2? i heard it was a tone zone but more vintage and clear?

that sounds like an air zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
                          Seymour Duncan is not re-designing diddlysquat.
                          That is pretty funny. I would definitely say that the dealer does not want to place a special order.
                          Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

thats very odd. Indeed why would a sale person turn down a sale? hmm well thats one sales he wont be getting haha
                            Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Xeromus, how about distorted cool rails? is it better than a lil 59??

Comment

Working...
                              X