Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about custom shop humbuckers

i picked up a cloud 9 58RI.

I think this guitar would benefit from either some antiquities, or some custom shop h-buckers. Can anyone tel me a little bit about the Peter green pups, or the S-Deco pups. By the way, what does S-Deco mean?
    Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
    gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
    SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Re: ? about custom shop humbuckers

I only know about the Antiquities, but I think they would be great. A set of Custom Shop Slash winds would be really cool, and smooth in that chambered body. I'm interested to know about the other pups you asked about, and possibly about the Jimmy Page set.

Love the LP....congrats.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

not sure where the s-deco came from
      as far as i know, they are over wound antiquity type pups 10k neck, 12k bridge either alnico II or alnico V. i used to have a 10k antiquity and it was a killer pickup.
      i think steve has a set of the s-deco.
      the peter green is a vintage voiced pair of buckers that are out of phase, so when you have both pups on there is lots of new tones available

cant go wrong with any of them, depends on what flavor you like

Comment

After looking at my pup selection in the past I seem to be drawn to the alnico II variations. I do like the alnico V 59 though. If one was going get as alnico II overwound, how would that effect the highs, or upper range?. The cloud 9 L.P. is very expressive through out its tone range, and if it were dmapened a little I am sure it would not hurt.
        Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
        SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Before they're all gone, spring for the 50th Anniversary Seths for $300 shipped.
          I put some in my honeyflame and it's all about the tone. They sound a little clearer and more refined than regular Seths. Then engraving isn't too noticeable from far away, but up close, it looks sweet!
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            Before they're all gone, spring for the 50th Anniversary Seths for $300 shipped.
            I put some in my honeyflame and it's all about the tone. They sound a little clearer and more refined than regular Seths. Then engraving isn't too noticeable from far away, but up close, it looks sweet!
            I was half awake and half asleep last night and had an idea. Get a custom shop set of "jimmy page" pups and get the ZOSO etched onto the bridge pup. I think that would look cool

Comment

Working...
            X