Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jimmy Page Wiring

Originally posted by Stringmachine
    Since SD had this schematic on their site a while back, It is sort of surprising that no one knows anything about it.

http://www.neighborhost.com/images/Jimmy_Page.jpg
    Actually, thats not Seymour Duncan, thats me.

NeighborHost.com is my fledgling web hosting company.
    Not quite ready for primetime, yet.

Artie

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
      Actually, thats not Seymour Duncan, thats me.

NeighborHost.com is my fledgling web hosting company.
      Not quite ready for primetime, yet.

Artie
      Sorry about that. Since the layout was the same, and there were SD pup's I asumed it was SD material.
      "Thou Shalt Not Spilleth Thy Beer"

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Classic's, Fender Stratocaster
      Amps: Soldano SLO 100, Mesa/Boogie Lonestar Special, Hughes & Kettner Tube 20

Comment

Originally posted by Stringmachine
        Sorry about that. Since the layout was the same, and there were SD pup's I asumed it was SD material.
        No apology necessary.

And, again, I wasn't clear. Thats only my link, not my work. To be honest, I'm
        not sure where that drawing came from, but I believe it is Duncan's drawing. It has all the elements of their style. But I can't find it on the website.

When I finish what I'm doing, it will only be my own work.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
          No apology necessary.

And, again, I wasn't clear. Thats only my link, not my work. To be honest, I'm
          not sure where that drawing came from, but I believe it is Duncan's drawing. It has all the elements of their style. But I can't find it on the website.

When I finish what I'm doing, it will only be my own work.
          Looking forward to see what you can come up with. I am curious about those combinations.
          "Thou Shalt Not Spilleth Thy Beer"

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Classic's, Fender Stratocaster
          Amps: Soldano SLO 100, Mesa/Boogie Lonestar Special, Hughes & Kettner Tube 20

Comment

While I was working on this, I found this:

Jimmy Page Wiring List

Unfortunately, I can't give due credit for this because I don't remember where this came from. It might be SD, or it could be Kent S., or someplace else.

I'm going to continue to build the graphical version of this just because I'm knee-deep into it now, but that will take a while. This, at least, answers the fundamental question.

Artie

Edit: And Stringmachine was correct. There does appear to be 21 different "modes".

Comment

I think the drawing came from me I used the SD graphics to make it easy on MY brain there is a list of the 21 tones on
              http://www.deaf-eddie.net/drawings/deaf-tones.doc

Artie I have two versions of the JP wiring if you want them PM me your Email address . one of them I got from Kent the other from Deaf Eddie(this one works on Epiphones)
              I thnk I've said this before but I feel that all Les Pauls should come wired this way as standard.
              Last edited by Oldslowhand; 06-15-2005, 01:22 PM.
              This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
              Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
              Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
              Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

There's oldslowhand... I was waiting for his reply
                  7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Ok then, which list applies to the one with 22 modes? I'm considering doing this for my friend's les paul pretty soon.

EDIT: Misunderstood. Disregard above.

Now my question is, for the wiring diagram that resembles a Seymour Duncan diagram, does that coincide with the list OldSlowhand posted?

Also, why would the wiring only work with gibsons? If I was to buy all new electronics for, say an Agile or an Epiphone, wouldnt it work with them too?
                    Last edited by joelap; 06-16-2005, 10:13 AM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by joelap
                        Also, why would the wiring only work with gibsons? If I was to buy all new electronics for, say an Agile or an Epiphone, wouldnt it work with them too?
                        I think it means LP style layouts with 4 pots and a 3 way switch.
                        "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Also, why would the wiring only work with gibsons? If I was to buy all new electronics for, say an Agile or an Epiphone, wouldnt it work with them too?[/QUOTE]
                          The reson has something to do with the Epiphone 3 way switch, the Gibson JP wiring does not work I found that out the hard way! I don't know about the Agile.
                          http://www.neighborhost.com/images/Jimmy_Page.jpg This is one works with Epiphones
                          This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
                          Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
                          Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
                          Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

Originally posted by Oldslowhand
                            The reson has something to do with the Epiphone 3 way switch, the Gibson JP wiring does not work I found that out the hard way! I don't know about the Agile.
                            http://www.neighborhost.com/images/Jimmy_Page.jpg This is one works with Epiphones
                            Well I'd be planning on upgrading all the electronics anyways if I was going to do it.

Comment

Working...
                            X