banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JB + 59n + superswitch wiring help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent S.
    replied
    Re: JB + 59n + superswitch wiring help please!

Originally posted by Lightning
    Flash where's the super sw wiring diagrams...could you post some links?
    If you're asking how the superswitch is laid out you can find a layout at
    www.stewmac.com under their free info section.

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied

Hi Lightning, I don't have any wiring diagram yet?

Leave a comment:

• Lightning
    replied

Flash where's the super sw wiring diagrams...could you post some links?

Leave a comment:

• Kent S.
    replied

Originally posted by Flash
    oops sorry, i'm my original post I meant neck and middle stratty sound :-)
    There really isn't an equal to that, maybe the neck humbucker in parallel, or perhaps the bridge inner coil in parallel with the neck outer coil ... neither one really, but that's as close as you can get to a strat neck /P/ middle type sound.

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied

oops sorry, i'm my original post I meant neck and middle stratty sound :-)

Leave a comment:

• Kent S.
    replied

Oh yeah, I forgot the teleish version I have is as follows:
    1) Neck series humbucker, 2) Parallel outside coils, 3) Series outside coils,
    4) Bridge parallel humbucker, 5) Bridge series humbucker ... like the *stratish* version all positions are in phase and hum-cancelling of course. Again these may offer him something close,plus I never did understand exactly what he meant by *n + b* stratty sound ... ah, maybe teleie.
    Didn't specify inner coils, outer coil, or one of each, and if so which one for which pup. Let me know Artie if you breech that all parallel problem.

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied

Whatever you thinks guys, i'm easy. as long as I have neck series, neck parallel, and bridge series, I can do any thing for positions 3 & 4. I just thought of the two humbuckers in parallel fo position 3 mainly due to the fact that I rarely use the 2 humbuckers together in series. But if you guys say it sounds a bit bland, well i'll leave those 2 positions to whatever you guys think sound good and usable :-)

Leave a comment:

• Kent S.
    replied

Originally posted by ArtieToo
    I'm glad that you said that, because thats where I'm hitting a snag. I think I can do this all, except that position. If, on the other hand, you didn't mind having pos #3 being the conventional neck/bridge in humbucking mode, parallel to each other, this will work fairly easily.

Let me know.
    I wouldn't do that as I find that position to be as unattractive as the other ... that's me though, Flash may like that particular tone though ... Have to wait and see what he thinks.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Originally posted by Kent S.
    ....FWIW, two humbuckers in parallel hooked in parallel is kinda a lack lustre, non-personality type of tone (IMHO). It's all personal taste but, I've just never found that it *speaks well*.
    I'm glad that you said that, because thats where I'm hitting a snag. I think I can do this all, except that position. If, on the other hand, you didn't mind having pos #3 being the conventional neck/bridge in humbucking mode, parallel to each other, this will work fairly easily.

Let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Kent S.
    replied

Originally posted by Flash
    Thanks Artie. Is it the coil from each pick up that's causing the problem? If so the bridge pick up in parallel would be ok for that position
    Actually you can get away with five poles, there is just that one connection that is being a pain ( It still might be possible to do it with 4 poles, I'm to busy to muck with it right now though)...
    I've got two versions of something that Steve Blucher came up with one using DMZ's offset 4P5T lever switches,( although it's not listed on their site), I reengineered it for the super switch, and came up with two versions of it ( a stratish ,and a teleish version) ... it requires that you either you flip the magnet on the neck pup, or rotate the pup 180 degress (adjustable poles towards the bridge), and then swap the neck pup leads around. I've got them drawn up per DiMarzio colour code. The stratish one is the one I think you want ... you get 1) neck series humbucker, 2) neck parallel humbucker, 3) inner series coils, 4) inner parallel coils, 5) bridge series humbucker ... that might be what you're looking for ....FWIW, two humbuckers in parallel hooked in parallel is kinda a lack lustre, non-personality type of tone (IMHO). It's all personal taste but, I've just never found that it *speaks well*.

Leave a comment:

• Kent S.
    replied

Originally posted by skyydogg01
    Flash, what you are looking for is actually how the Ibanez RG421/321 is wired, with the exception of having the Series humbuckers in position 3. here is the diagram:

hope this helps.

also, i think you can buy that exact switch from ibanez.
    WARNING ... that's not a normal 5 way switch ... you'll need to purchase it if you intend to do it that way.

Leave a comment:

• skyydogg01
    replied

Flash, what you are looking for is actually how the Ibanez RG421/321 is wired, with the exception of having the Series humbuckers in position 3. here is the diagram:

hope this helps.

also, i think you can buy that exact switch from ibanez.

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied

by the way thanks to you all for trying to help esp. artie, lightning and jono I don't really know what you are on about with the "4 pole" type of thing. (I'm a very simple man :-) ) but thanks anyway
    cheers guys :-)

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied

Thanks Artie. Is it the coil from each pick up that's causing the problem? If so the bridge pick up in parallel would be ok for that position

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Originally posted by Lightning
    Flash I know I said Artie would have you covered but now that I thought about it a little more I'm not sure you can have your requested combinations with just a super switch by itself.
    Yeah, this is why its taking me so long. I've doodled up a couple things that are close, but I don't like them. I'm going to mess with this some more in the morning, and hopefully get something that makes practical sense.

Hang in there Flash, we'll get this!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X