banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

I'm more impressed with Yngwie Malmsteen, and I didn't hear his stuff until I discovered it on Youtube. I knew of him, but never heard him until 2 months ago, and I'm amazed.

George Lynch? As I said before, I'm as impressed with him as I am Richie Sambora

Comment

Just checkin' in... yep, still the baddest :
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt View Post
        Just checkin' in... yep, still the baddest :

Put your hands in the air and step away from the crackpipe...

Comment

Malmsteen is a great player, no doubt, but after getting into him when his first album (yes children, real vintage vinyl) came out, then picking up a few more of his albums, it really sounded the same.

I've been a Geo fan since the Dokken days, never really cared for Don, but I loved the guitar tone and his playing. His best work was Wicked Sensation by far, followed by the 2nd LM disc. He hasn't reall done much to thrill me since, but he's still in my top favorite players, which is not to be confused with fastest, most technical, or other competitive type "player ratings", it's totally subjective on my part. EVH is in there too. FWIW these days, Geo is a nice, low key, approachable guy.

Comment

I still miss Wicked Lester.

HE'S the baddest mutha around, IMHO.

Asteroids do not concern me.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
              Put your hands in the air and step away from the crackpipe...
              I just love to resurrect this thread every so often.
              On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

I like some of lynchs stuff but not with dokken
                i liked the stuff on the disc sacred groove but mostly i prefer other similar players to him.
                i know they guy is good but not my favorite by far he is not what i would ever call the baddest around?

Comment

I always thought Dream Warriors was amazing, but that has more to do with the skull J Frog guitar, the video, Freddy Krueger, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.... I liked that song, anything else I've heard like All Alone, Breaking the Chains, seems like Bon Jovi lite, and it's not Lynch's fault, it's Don Dokken. Winger is easier to listen to.

Comment

George Lynch rules!!!!! :fing25:

Comment

Originally posted by wildstar View Post
                      I still miss Wicked Lester.

HE'S the baddest mutha around, IMHO.

+1

Comment

Yngwie rocks! Baddest tone, vibrato and clean touch around.

I liked G. Lynch too when I was growing up, but alot of times his playing seemed buried under a lot of compression and effx. His rhythm tone seemed congested or compressed. I liked that vocal "ahhh" lead tone he got.

But just yesterday I was listening to the Mr. Scary track for the first time in a decades and the tone sounds really grating and scratchy in the beginning. Sounded like he was using a razor blade to pick with.

Comment

Dude you got that right. I saw him play in a little club on Long Island a few years ago w/Mob and his tone, his style, his choice of notes, purely astonishing. That bogner head was just wailin. He just kicks my ass. He was 10 feet from me, just peeling the paint of the walls, and when the show was over, I figured that I shoiuld just sell all of my guitars and become a stamp collector. Man If I could ever figure out that wicked run in the solo for In My Dreams, I could then die happy.

Comment

Comment

Greatest topic ever made.
                              Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Still the baddest

Comment

Working...
                                X