banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Watch this and pay attention on "All I Want" with all these key changes.
    Here George works on some solos for the first Lynch mob record. Outstanding!

Heavy Blues. Awsome!!!!
    Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Hey everyone that's cool, a George Lynch Thread ^^

Well seems like the Screaming Demon has attracted quite a few fans here...

Lynch became one of my favorite guitar players
      (The others are Steve Vai, Marty Friedman, Patrick Rondat, Kiko Loureiro, and Paul Gilbert)

I own 3 Dokken albums and the Lynch Mob one.

But i heard he has been working on cool projects since then and i'd like to know a little ore about it:

What more CD's should i Get ?

And i'm getting the Screamin Demon for X mas YEAH
      (that's my present for myself ^^)

Who's Reb Beach anyway ?
      Last edited by Orange; 12-19-2006, 06:42 AM.
      Koch studiotone
      Big Muff
      DOD Preamp Overdrive
      Krank MMV Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by Orange View Post
        I own 3 Dokken albums and the Lynch Mob one.
        Which Lynch Mob one? If it isn't Wicked Sensation. His stuff since then is pretty hit and miss IMHO. Furious George is pretty good, but it's all covers and George only played the solos and fills.

Comment

Well it's Wicked Sensation. How about the others ?

I just checked his official page and the album covers look pretty ugly
          Koch studiotone
          Big Muff
          DOD Preamp Overdrive
          Krank MMV Distortion

Comment

You need to load up on the catalog, bro. Get the second Lynch Mob album. Some don't like it. I do and think it's a good record. Different singer, different vibe, but still a good album, IMO.

Then get the rest of the Dokken albums with him on them. Sacred Groove from the mid-90's is a good record, definitely pick that one up. Smoke This is ok. Different than what I was expecting. There's some that still need to pick up myself but I've got a majority of his stuff.

I still learn from him just by playing along with the songs. He's one of the best for sure.

Comment

I own Back for the attack, Under Lock and key and Breaking the chains.
              I'm gonna get tooth and nail as you said.

Can you buy the mp3's online ?
              I mean real mp3's,not bull**** IPOD or WMA files of course ^^
              Cause i don't find the necessity to own such a beautiful artwork cover. I've been looking for the orginal LP but here ine paris Dokken are not that famous, all i can find is AC DC and Poison. Even poison are not that famous here actually.

Does anyone knows where to get guitar pro tabs online ? I used to have this file "mysongbook full archive" but i deleted it by acident...
              Koch studiotone
              Big Muff
              DOD Preamp Overdrive
              Krank MMV Distortion

Comment

You need to Tooth and Nail, Beast from the East, Dysfunctional, and the live one from the 90's where the all reunited. The name of it escapes me right now.

Just order the CD's from George's site or Amazon.com or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                  the live one from the 90's where the all reunited. The name of it escapes me right now.
                  The mostly acoustic one One Night Live? They did some killer acoustic versions of the old Dokken Standards. Dysfunctional is good too, it's kinda 90s grungy Dokken, but it works well.

Yeah, I'm a GL fanboy...

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                    The mostly acoustic one One Night Live? They did some killer acoustic versions of the old Dokken Standards. Dysfunctional is good too, it's kinda 90s grungy Dokken, but it works well.

Yeah, I'm a GL fanboy...
                    Yep, that's the one. I like that one. George does some cool stuff there. I was expecting him to do some acoustic solo work but nope, he had the electric straped on the whole time...LOL.

Comment

Do you have the DVD or the Cd? The DVD is pretty cool.

BTW, I love your daughter's pic in your signature.

Comment

You can try these to listen to part of the songs:

I use these sites when trying to decide about CDs.
                        Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Do you have the DVD or the Cd? The DVD is pretty cool.
                          I just have the CD. Haven't listened to it in a long time.

BTW, I love your daughter's pic in your signature.
                          Thanks. She's my little rocker.

Comment

Cool!

A Mr Scary thread.

He was & still is indeed a great player.

I'm a Screamin Demon user too, the pickup is great, the player is great.

George owns!

Comment

I just found sacred groove in a record store.........
                              Koch studiotone
                              Big Muff
                              DOD Preamp Overdrive
                              Krank MMV Distortion

Comment

So if a guy wanted to hear Lynch's three best songs what would they be?
                                I own zero of the Dokken / Mob catalog and am not dying to hear all of it. I want the best of Lynch.

I was a Metallica / Slayer / Anthrax / Testament guy back in the day. Dokken was a little light for me. I actually saw Dokken on the Monster's of Rock Tour with VH in the 80's and frankly they sucked - as a band. I've never seen a singer and a guitar player obviously dislike each other on stage like that or since. It was a showboat contest between the two and the songs really suffered for it. I was completely non-shocked by the break up after that.

That said, it was obvious there was talent there - so tell me where to start? What are the top three?

Thanks.

-P
                                Atheist: A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X