banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRails+CustomCustom Wiring Assisntnace Needed :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRails+CustomCustom Wiring Assisntnace Needed :)

So I have had this combo for years. I switched around the neck PRails so the blade is closest to the neck, it makes it a lot more "stratty" and is great for my PRS style guitar and also doesn't move the P90 position very much at all (perfect for a 24 fret guitar, but mine is 22 frets). But I now want a less sickeningly sweet strat single coil neck tone so I swapped the PRails neck around to normal position with the blade farthest away from the neck. This gives a great strat tone; exactly what I wanted, and also lets me get some 2/4 quack in the middle position with the bridge screw coil; but I think it will sound better with the bridge slug coil.

I would like to rewire the pickups to have the volume push pull be the neck PRails Blade and the CustomCustom bridge slug coil so it is the inner 2 coils; and the tone push pull activate the outer coils. Using both push pulls makes both pickups active in parallell.

I tried for a few hours rewiring but couldn't figure it out; it's been a decade since I initially wired the pickups so I am at a loss.

Can anyone help me with a wiring scheme for a PRails Neck/ CustomCustom Bridge where:

3 way Les Paul style toggle switch between humbuckers.
    Vol Push/Pull is inner coils(Blade/CC Slug Coil)
    Tone Push/Pull is outer coils(P90/CC Screw Coil)
    Both Vol and Tone pulled up puts each humbucker in parallel mode.

I wired it like the below but Volume Push/Pull is PRails Blade/CC Screw and Tone Push/Pull is P90/CC Slug | Both pulled each pickup in parallell.

Thank you for any help

Cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2PRail_3G_1VppSPL_1TppSPL.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	6014834

Looks like you've already got the diagram.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Some people get confused with p/p pots and wire them upside down. Keep in mind that the lugs pictured closest to the pot are the ones that will be activated with the p/p pulled up. The lugs furthest away from the pot are the ons active when the p/p is down.

Comment

^^^^ Yup. Here's a simple reference anyone can download to keep on file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	push-pull.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	6014922

Comment

Good one Artie. That should make it pretty clear to everyone (a picture is worth a thousand words).

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! Flipped the switch (HA pun intended) and working as wanted.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X