Your Favorite DiMarzio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
    The original X2N Power Plus. These have nickel silver baseplates that make them very clear while also being powerful. The newer X2Ns have brass baseplates and sound muffled and dead, like the amp is sitting behind a big pillow.
    The newer X2N doesn't sound that way to me in my Viper. It sounds huge, but lacks bass. But if nickel makes them sound even better, then I'm going to be trying it out for sure.

Comment

That's what I thought. I have an X-acto knife.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Give it a shot. I’ve A/B’d these in several geets and came to the same conclusion every time. The only newer X2N I liked was in a Hondo setneck LP copy with a maple neck and ash body, that was already very bright to start with.

Comment

I don't really love any. Have tried a few, but not a lot. I always kinda like them, but never love them.

PAF Pro in the bridge: Cool attack, but way too weak.
          PAF Pro in the neck: Way to oscratchy/chirpy and slightly weak to match with the bridge pickups I like.
          PAF 36th Anniversary: Almost perfect EQ curve for the neck, but excessively anemic output matched with the bridge pickups I like.
          Crunch Lab: Too muffled and stuffy in the low mids.
          Dominion: Super tight and fast with a killer attack, but kinda nasal mids.
          Super Distortion: Way too long since I had it, but I remember it being VERY bassy.

I would still very much like to try the X2N and the D Activators, tho.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 11-11-2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X