X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What magnet is in an RTM?

Title says it all. Anyone know?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Warren DeMartini RTM - Seymour Duncan Custom Shop
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

It is an A2. I'd probably like it!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20201201_124939.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	6034024
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

A2, but please don't start the rumor train that it's the same as a "JB with an A2" or "JB2", because it's not at all

Comment

This pickup sound right in my ballpark but I finally have everything in the family paired with pickups I love. But this is the kind of pickup that would inspire me to start a new build.

Comment

Ahhh - forgot to look at the Custom Shop....

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                A2, but please don't start the rumor train that it's the same as a "JB with an A2" or "JB2", because it's not at all
                A JB is 16.6K, so this is clearly not a JB. But all those other 16.6K pickups use the same bobbins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still kicking myself for not getting one from Warren/Seymour directly at the table while they were signing a batch.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post

A JB is 16.6K, so this is clearly not a JB. But all those other 16.6K pickups use the same bobbins.
                    I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Are you talking about the Distortion, Invader, etc?

Comment

to be fair, the 17.7k rtm i have is trem spaced, and a tb-4 is generally wound above 17k, so you can't always use that to say it's not a JB2. it's still not, but not because of that!
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Are you talking about the Distortion, Invader, etc?
                        Yes. All the pickups that read 16.6K have the same amount of 44AWG wound on them. It’s the same pickups. They just change the magnets, pole pieces, etc.

They say the “wind” is different, but that’s a lot of hooey.
                        Ive changed those models around myself.

It’s an easy way to get a few models from the same parts. Kind of how people do magnet swapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know how a winder can continuously spout that nonsense. Everyone would be Seymour if there weren't more to it than winding a coil to x amount of turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                            I don't know how a winder can continuously spout that nonsense. Everyone would be Seymour if there weren't more to it than winding a coil to x amount of turns.
                            Because you are not a winder and you don't know? That would be my thought.

Comment

Sounds like a stupid thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X