Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake JB Humbucker???

A guy locally is selling a JB for 70$.

I have never had a JB before and this sounds like a reasonable price, but was wondering does it look fake to you? All my SDs that I have have small notches next to the pickup "leg", while this one seems to be missing it.

at first glace it looks legit to me

Comment

I'm no expert but it also looks good to me on quick inspection and, assuming it's 2nd hand, the price seems ok depending on where you are geographically.

Comment

Looks totally legit to me. Maybe a bit expensive for used.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Looks legit to me too. I think those notches you are referring to are on the trem-spaced or trembucker models.

Comment

You're safe with that one. But you can get a new one for nearly that price!

Comment

The sticker looks odd to me (font looks like a bold / compressed type). The 'notches' would be the two extra holes on a Trembucker. (I'm not sure what else you could mean by 'notches') That JB looks like a normal humbucker.

Comment

As others have said, only $9 more gets you a new one from Sweetwater, with full warranty and return policy.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I am in Europe right now and here the prices of new ones go like 95-100$, depending where you find it.

I spoke to the guy and he went down to 60$ which I believe in this case would be reasonable. He's gonna bring it over tomorrow and hope all goes well.

thank you all once again!

Comment

60 is a pretty good deal for a 2nd hand JB in good condition in Europe... again, depends where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by znanjeiimanje View Post
                      Thank you everyone. I am in Europe right now and here the prices of new ones go like 95-100$, depending where you find it.

I spoke to the guy and he went down to 60$ which I believe in this case would be reasonable. He's gonna bring it over tomorrow and hope all goes well.

thank you all once again!
                      If you're in Eastern Europe somewhere there's a chance you might be dealing with a fake. Ask my how I know (born & raised somewhere there).
                      Just be careful and see if you can at least measure it, if not listen to it before purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianSD View Post
                        If you're in Eastern Europe somewhere there's a chance you might be dealing with a fake. Ask my how I know (born & raised somewhere there).
                        Just be careful and see if you can at least measure it, if not listen to it before purchase.
                        I've been tracking the counterfeit versions over the last few years. There's nothing about the pickup above that triggers any red flags. I'd be willing to buy it myself. As you said, it's great if you can at least measure it before purchasing if just to check function, but I have no doubts about its authenticity.

Comment

i got the hot rodded set new for around 139€ here in the eu.
                          so 60€ isn‘t a great deal...
                          if you are patient you can get them for 45€ or something on ebay...
                          sold the one from the set last year also for 60€ i think. that experiment was worth 10€
                          still have the jazz and another JB, although no guitar for it.

Comment

Working...
                          X