banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SH-5 Duncan Custom is the best Rock pickup ever made, period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a roughcast A2 in my CC and of the Custom family Ive tried is my 2nd fave to the Custom. The guitar came stock w a C5 and Jazz, which also has gotten a roughcast A2. The Custom fam isnt my fave SD pickup that Ive tried but its good for some of that big hair and leather thing from the 80s
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      The Custom Custom is my favorite, so it qualifies.
      Same. I have it paired with a WLH neck.

Comment

I wanted to love the Custom, but I prefer the JB.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

One of the best humbuckers ever.

I have one vintage and one newer.

No mods necessary.

Comment

Another vote for the CC. I have it paired with a Bluesbucker in my LP. Perfection!

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
              I wanted to love the Custom, but I prefer the JB.
              Username checks out.
              "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by hwiho2002 View Post
                I always install a custom in gibson style guitars, along with a 59 in the neck. I really wish duncan would make the 59 standard with short legs and 4 conductor leads...
                Banjomikez on eBay used to stock those. It was nice being able to pop in the shop and grab all the weird stuff but I don't think he ever unlocks the door anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TVFV View Post

Username checks out.
                  Lol. The username was based on an old MJ TB-4 I stuck an oversized ceramic magnet into. Was a flamethrower.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

Lol. The username was based on an old MJ TB-4 I stuck an oversized ceramic magnet into. Was a flamethrower.
                    I've heard of people doing that with a Custom.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I wasn't impressed when I had one. My biggest gripe is the bloated low-end. Then again, I don't play rock.

Comment

Working...
                      X