banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SH-5 Duncan Custom is the best Rock pickup ever made, period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH-5 Duncan Custom is the best Rock pickup ever made, period.

Who's with me ?

Pick me, pick me!
    Now, if I were you, I'd try an Alnico 8 (insert a reeeaaalllyyy wiiiideeee smmiiile emoticon needed)
    Seriously, Seymour Duncan should start marketing the Custom 8. (Not trying to hijack your thread, sorry, just thinking out loud).

Comment

If I could only ever use one bridge humbucker in every guitar, it would be the Custom.

Comment

With which neck? (I need to revisit these.)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          With which neck? (I need to revisit these.)
          Ive always used a 59' neck w/a Custom and love it.

Comment

A 59 is never a bad choice with that, but I prefer PG's.

And yes. The Custom is a great hard rock pickup. Once you leave the 70's, it's a great all arounder.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

If you had to pick a Humbucker that you knew would not disappoint in pretty much any guitar - meaning would sound ‘good’ to very, very good - the Custom would be it. I really love the Custom wind with a rough cast unoriented A5. Everything I like about the A2 version with what feels like a bit more ‘oomph’

Comment

I always install a custom in gibson style guitars, along with a 59 in the neck. I really wish duncan would make the 59 standard with short legs and 4 conductor leads...

Comment

I’d say the Custom wind is one of the best winds overall. A lot of music can be made, more than hard rock, just by changing magnets and changing screws/slugs/allen heads. It’s an amazing and resilient pickup for creating sounds.

Comment

Les Paul, Custom, 59n. Sorted. (Foot edited out).
                    Attached Files

Comment

The custom is by far the bridge pick up I prefer the most. As is I want it paired with the 59. If loaded with an A2, I prefer it with the PGn in the neck. I have a C8 in one of my les paul and I think it will stand there forever. In truth its A5 incarnation is not my favorite but, probably, I still haven't found the right guitar to load with. I play almost everything with it. It is a modern classic. Only the JB and the SD have the same status IMO.

Comment

The Custom Custom is my favorite, so it qualifies.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Custom Custom bridge and Pearly Gates neck are loaded into one of my Strats.

I did the "Do It All" wiring with coils from each pickup in the 2 and 4 positions.

There is literally nothing I don't like about those pickups in that guitar.

Comment

I think I’ll agree, but only if Custom Custom counts.

Comment

Cool pickup indeed. When I revisit it, I'd pair Custom with Vintage P-90. Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X