No announcement yet.

MINCER,,,A Quick SH-4 Wiring Question, yes, quick,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINCER,, that link you shared, is a dead end. I saw JEREMY'S 1st schem., but I want to go a step further w/the on/on/on/, AND the PP wired to select the single coil, & a tone to boot. I'm stuck & ready eager to try it, & milk this SH-4 for all it's got to offer!!
    Best regards, stay well, & pleeeze me out, at your convenience,,, by sunrise?
    Kenny

Comment

The link I posted shoulda been: https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...H_1V_mtSSP.jpg

As far as selecting what coil with a p/p pot, the best website I found for this info is here. Towards the bottom of the page, it shows how to wire the p/p pot.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210503-025053_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	6077756 Okay, So on this schematic, could someone please write into this setup (3 way tog), & add in my push-pull volume control so that when I'm in the split mode on the 3-way, I can choose between coils.. And a tone as well.
        Thnx in advance,

Comment

HERE'S the right schematic & I'd like for someone to pencil in where I could insert my Push/Pull & Volume pot, instead of the one pictured, so I can select the North or South coil when the on/on/on is in the middle (single) position? I would assume there has to be someone who could give me proper direction with this for my SH4 project..? Thnx!!
          Thnx again!!

Kenny

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210507-003834_Chrome.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	6078682

Comment

But MINCER, how do i marry your 2 schematics to give me the 3 way part/single/series & the PP to choose which coil is active when the 3 way in the single position? Thnx

Comment

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
              But MINCER, how do i marry your 2 schematics to give me the 3 way part/single/series & the PP to choose which coil is active when the 3 way in the single position? Thnx
              I made a reply last night to your other thread that seems to be asking the same thing. That reply explains how to marry up the 2 diagrams.
              Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Thanks JackTripper & everyone else. Upon furthur research, but it looks like the Triple Shot may be the best way to go,,, Correct MINCER, and my existing volume can remain, & just not use the PP section,,
                Right? Kenny

Comment

triple shots are nice, easy to install, and not bad to switch on the fly once you get used to em.

Comment

Yes, you can just use the volume as a volume pot. I agree that the Triple Shots are an elegant way to do what you want.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X