Black Winter "blackened" tb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Winter "blackened" tb?

Seen these new versions on Sweetwater's site and was wondering if they plan on doing these in wide spacing?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...mbucker-pickup

edit;
    Can we call these the ShredWinters?
    Probably is a great shredder set with the already strong mids and even more focus (with the double-hex) than the standards.
    Last edited by dave74; 05-23-2021, 04:58 AM.

I've seen those on Duncan's site for quite some time, but didn't notice the altered pole pieces 'til you mentioned it. Pretty cool. I wonder what the tonal difference is?

Most, if not all, Duncan pups say Trembuckers are temporarily unavailable.

Comment

I have the trembucker version in my schecter. This “blackened” set came stock with KM6 mk I.

Comment

Oh ok, so they'll probably have the trembuckers available whenever the other tb models get back caught up again.

Comment

I ordered a set of these today, can't wait to try them out! I never noticed they were different from the regular Black Winters until this thread.

Comment

The blackened black winter is nastier. It’s got more aggression and is a bit tighter. I think it’s what the black winter should have been in the first place. You can occasionally find a km model or an esp with them. The esp was just ridiculous though. It was only meant for bludgeon your mother in law metal or something lol. You can have it in any color as long as it’s black.

Comment

That's good to hear. I like the idea of them being even tighter. I love the regular sets, I've bought 3 over time. Espeeecially when you get them in that sweet spot for harmonics without them being crazy. They sound incredible when just right in my opinion.

When I ordered, I really felt like I needed a version where even the stickers on the back were black with black ink. I kind of feel like I'm settling. We need them so blacked out that they actually bludgeon the packaging on it's way from the factory.

Comment

So blacked out they have their own event horizon.

You ask yourself, how much more black could they be, and the answer is none. None more black.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                  So blacked out they have their own event horizon.

You ask yourself, how much more black could they be, and the answer is none. None more black.
                  NO! The answer is "They could be FOUR more screws black!" So close to epic win, but so much fail.

What Dumb M-effer at Duncan decided that those shiny brass screws were ok? Fire them. You know what? That is so pathetic I think Gibson must have bought Duncan.

If you are gonna call it "Blackened" go Black or Go Home.

Seriously, who does that???
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

They should be so black that all you see is a black shape with the dimensions of a humbucker, but no discernible details. Because all visible light is absorbed and turned into tone.

Comment

As someone who got an all black humbucker from the Custom Shop (black powdercoat cover, black logo, black baseplate), this is a thing more people would buy if it were available in more models.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Comment

I saw these on Sweetwater the other day and was bummed that I bought 4 sets of the original blackouts. Not a fan of the lettering etc on the originals. These blacked out pickups look fantastic!
                          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

They are at the top of my list now when and if they get trembucker versions. I hope they do eventually.

Comment

I saw the back first and thought I just ended up getting sent the original set. Flipped it to see I was gladly wrong. Going to try them tonight/tomorrow.

Also grabbed a DiMarzio Fortitude to slap in a Les Paul. Can't wait to try these.

Comment

Working...
                              X